• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does anyone know where to get modded bios version 10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Depends

Bower
It seems to vary from setup tp setup.
Ive gotten good results from all of them so far.
To tell the truth Ive noticed very little difference so far between any of them, as far as performance.
I like 18 and 19 both though maybe just try one of those for awhile to get a feel for your system then try others.

Thanks to Known killers advice Ive been able to finally flash back to version10.
I used the Flash menu but first I had to flash to 12 then I was able to flash down to 10.
For some reason I was not able to Flash down to 10 from other versions.

Thanks Known Killer.

Ive been messing with 10 a little and so far Im not real impressed.
I think I lost some performance on the fsb.
Im having trouble booting over 210 it doesnt seem to matter whether its in single or dual channel or whether the CPU interface is enabled or disabled.
I put my other BIOS chip back in that is flashed with 19 and went right back to 225. Now after a chipset mod Im at 227fsb running prime since 7AM. Im going to try more fsb this afternoon.

Im going to do a Vdimm mod and then test some more.
I want the 10 to work for me like it is for others but its got a grudge with my system. Im determined to get it straightened out
so this is going to be a long weekend of benching.

Later
Wardog

NF7-S

Oh ya bower one way to check your board real quick to see if its an NF7 or NF7-S. Is to look at the area under the southbridge chip.

There youll find another chip on the PCB that will have a sticker saying NF7-s stuck on it.

They are basicly the same board though with only SATA and sound being the differences.

Later

Wardog

Oh one other thing.. The NF7-S v2.0 also likes 333FSB CPU's for some reason.. If thats what you still have in your profile the 1800+ that might be holding you back.. I'm not sure if you can mod that from a 266 to a 333 chip but its worth finding out.. if not try buying a barton 2500+ since its a 333 chip.

I've done this to my 2100+ TB B core and got a very nice increase from 225 max to being able to boot at 239FSB.. Not stable but heh other things needed to be tweaked for that i'm thinking. Like some water cooling on the NB and i never bothered to add some heatsinks to the mosfets.

Back