• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does dual channel benefit game performance much.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This motherboard's dimm slots are (counting from the processor out) 1=A1, 2=B1, 3=A2, 4=B2.

I'm currently in A1 and A2 (slots 1 & 3). My next move would be to B1 and B2 (2 & 4).

I had thought that using the slots closest to the processor would use shorter trace lengths (hey, every little bit helps, right?).
Now, I'll just be happy to get DC running.

You should try BadThad's suggestion. Dual channel needs a stick
in channel A and channel B. In your case, that would be slot 1&2.
Give it a try!

yeah if you put the same type of ram in slot a and b, it will use one for only input with the other output so it creates a flow.. as like a single stick. does this increase performance? yes depending on what type of work your doing.

Well, hot diggity-doo!

I could swear that the way I had it was how it was supposed to be, according to my understanding of the MB manual, but I guess not!

I moved to slots 1 and 2, channels A and B, and voila! Dual-channel goodness!

You guys are great...thanks.

P.S.
Just reread that section of the manual, and it confirms your configuration (big surprise, since it works..). Don't know where I got the slot 1 and 3 idea.

Once again, RTFM.

Last edited:
Back