• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does it Fit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lIrenicuSl

Hi,

Thank you for reading this post.

Just because I am stupid as hell, I would like to ask about this Sound card:
https://www.cnet.com/products/asus-xonar-dg-sound-card-series/

Is she going to fit into my:
Z270 |MSI Tomahawk?

I am asking, because in the specyications they write about PCI slot, where i don't have such a thing

Could you help me with it?

PS. I am buying it, just because my friend wants me to sell it for 6$ and it is "new". I mean; he bought it like 3 years agoo and ddin't used till now.

What do you think?

Thank you in advance.

In my opinion unless you are experiencing issues with the on-board sound I wouldn't bother. The Realtek ALC892 processor will be superior to a Xonar DG CMI-8786 chip from, what, 10 years ago?

EDIT: If you do need a sound card then, like U_T is suggesting, go new.

Could you provide me with good Sound cards to 40$ price? Is this Asus good one? I am asking because in my counter [Poland I can't find any sensitive review

Do you need 5.1 or 7.1 surround? That is a tight budget and you likely won't be able to find one with EMI shielding (the main reason for add on sound cards).

EDIT: This is about the cheapest I would consider if I was forced to buy one. No idea how well that EMI backplate works to be honest, but something is better than nothing.

Last edited:
Why do you insist on a sound card in the first place? Is there something wrong with what oyu have currently?

I just have 40$ to spent on my PC, what should I do, I don't miss anything in my PC build

Go go yourself some dinner or a beer.

I don't think you need it and a $40 audio card, most won't be better than integrated in the first place.

Capture.JPG

My favorite from your country! Grab a rack of that and chill. LOL

EDIT: OR, if you really want to hate your life in the morning grab a few bottles of Jezy.

Capture.JPG

For headphones, you do *NOT* need 5.1 sound. I bought a cheap $5.00 USD USB sound card for my PC that had no working sound built in. I liked it just fine. However, if you're just looking to spend $40, buy a video game or something. A sound card does not seem like a worthy purchase.

You don't mention your case or cooling solutions in your sig. If you feel like you *must* spend this money on the PC, maybe look at upgrading or adding a couple of case fans.

If your friend wants $6 for the card, just give him $6 lol. The card won't improve your sound. If you want to do that, you can look at an external DAC/headphone amp combo, but $40 won't get you there. Here or here are good places to start. But truly before going there, what headphones are you listening to? Are you listening to music, or just games?

I vote what Blay said or tacomexicano.pl
Grab that friend of yours and cheers! On 40 USD, I am sure you can have a taco feast:thup:
It's in Krakov. Address at the bottom.

View attachment 206793

Seriously, upgrade to higher end video card on those $40 if you haven't picked it up yet.

Right! I forgot about it!

I am owner of modded Sharkoon BW9000-W
I have 4 fans in my Case,
3x140mm
1x120mm [on the back]

CPU is using : SilentiumPC Fortis 3 HE1425 v2 with modded FAN: Cryorig Performance 140mm QF140

Here is an Old picture:
HdfxlKf.jpg

If it's just some old sound card that you don't need. Tell him to fly it, save your $6. Shar-coon good one, kinda like shark-nado.

Back