• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does NB speed make a difference?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rigit

Hey all. I was messing around now that I have my cooling as good as it can get for what I have and I mangaged to get to 3.7 nice and stable. But My temps would go in the low 60's under load. Too hot for continuous use so I backed off. My question is this. At 3.6ghz I'm cool and stable with the cpu-NB at default speed. Would leaving it set higher improve anything? Or does it only matter if you want to go higher cpu clock speed?

Whether or not it would give you a higher overclock, it will give you better ram and L3 performance.

Yes, like trents mentioned, it will improve RAM and the L3 cache performance. Most people running around 3.6-3.7Ghz on the CPU, also have their NB speed between 2200-2400Mhz. It may not be a vast increase, but we're overclockers.. we want every little bit of performance we can get. :D
If you want more detailed information about your CPU speed and where your NB and HT link speeds should sit, refer to Dolk's Guide to the Phenom II at the top of the AMD forum.

Back