• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does radiator placement matter within the case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

R_Pierce

Does it matter where each radiator is placed? (as in, a 360 on the front panel and a 240 on the top instead of the other way around?)

I ended up having to move my 360 to the front, and 240 to the top of my case to clear a water fitting on my mother board. I didnt know if this was going to be an issue or not?

And also, below is my planned cooling tubing route. Please advise if you would run the loop differently. I have read on here that it doesnt matter how the flow goes, but Im sure there is a better or worse way?

360 rad > Pump > GPU > MoBo > 240 rad > CPU > 360 rad

IMG_20170406_135427_zpsgqmpfabh.jpg

IMG_20170406_135438_zpssiw4kpyw.jpg

only in the fact that you will be feeding the gpus warmer air.
and you should pump the coolant through the best/ largest cooler first, but for us in computers the difference is minimal, 1-3c at best.

as long as your tubing is correctly connected to your pump and blocks your fine. theres nothing wrong with having your 360 in front other than a little more heat being dumped into your case.

only in the fact that you will be feeding the gpus warmer air.

The GPU will be under water as well.

- - - Updated - - -

as long as your tubing is correctly connected to your pump and blocks your fine. theres nothing wrong with having your 360 in front other than a little more heat being dumped into your case.

awesome! Thank you sir!! I plan to add another exhaust fan at the top to try and help move some more air out.

if the gpu is under water it's all good.
for soft tube fittings I prefer xspc compression fittings, they are smaller than a lot of others, some are just HUGE!!!!!

if the gpu is under water it's all good.
for soft tube fittings I prefer xspc compression fittings, they are smaller than a lot of others, some are just HUGE!!!!!

yeah, I bought all EK stuff. That one looks big because its attached to a 90*

To make it look cleaner, I would go as follows.

Res/Pump > GPU > MB > CPU > 240 Rad > 360 Rad > T-Line (Drainage?) > Res/Pump

Don't forget, while you could change it up a bit to lessen a few temps could result in a much messier route. Just make sure to use the right INs and OUTs on the CPU block in particular. In the end, your loop will reach a equilibrium say after 30+ mins of load time so loop order won't matter much in the end.

I should also note, make sure to use some PrimoChill Advanced LRT tubing and some good clear premix fluid from say Aquacomputer and the likes.

Nope, raddage placement doesn't matter. It's what you're comfortable with performance and asthetics wise ;)

Nice build! :thup:

Back