• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does the Corsair dominator cooler fit vengeance ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jameseboy

I was wondering if the cooler in the picture provided below will fit onto corsair vengeance ram with the full height heatsinks?

870768_RB_00_FB.EPS.jpg

onto
corsair_vengeance.jpg

They might. I would give a guess and say no because the dominator ram gets taller in the middle. Why are you looking to put the fan on? The vengeance ram runs cool arleady,

Those types of ram coolers clip on the sides of the ram slot clips, so I think that it should fit OK. But like snowbrdd says, they aren't really needed.

It would cause more heat but they've already got heat spreaders. You'll be fine as long as you don't do anything super insane.

Unless you are cramming a lot of extra voltage to the ram, the temps shouldn't come up appreciably. But it won't hurt to mount that Corsair ram cooler on there if you already own it. I have an OCZ one and a G. Skill one just sitting around in my house because I find them to be a PITA to work around and haven't noticed any difference on ram stability.

Fair enough. Then ill just leave it. Was looking into upgrading cooling in my case, and thought id go for some ram stuff, but seen as everyones saying there a waste, i think ill just leave it alone :thump:

Back