• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does this build make sense?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vibatrex

Registered
Posting for a friend, does this build make sense? Main use is for video and phot editing, with some gaming on the sides. Appreciate all the help and support!

Attachments

• image (4).png
    image (4).png
    36.3 KB · Views: 14
I have two suggested changes that I would do if it were my build...

I'd go with a different case, perhaps the Fractal Torrent. I use the Torrent in my 5800X daily driver and I really like it in an all air cooled build. The only flaw it has as a case is cable management on the back of the mobo. It's a PITA. However, it makes up for this by being an amazing case in every other category.

Additionally, I'd go with the 850w gold rated power supply. It's the one part of your build that affects EVERY OTHER PIECE of your hardware so going a bit better on the PSU is something I always do. Also, if you upgrade CPU or GPU you have the additional power available by buying it up front.

In addition to the new CPU releases, what programs are you using? And I mean that everywhere, in video/photo editing and in gaming. Some programs are more CPU heavy, some more GPU heavy.

Also, what's your overall budget?

Back