• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does this list look ok?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Another update.

Had a bit of trouble putting the rad in but after some gentle persuasion all was well.

I'm one fitting short be able to use my ball valve so I ended up plugging the Ysplitter instead.

Lifting this thing off and on a desk is not easy, it was heavy before I started all this. XD

Right now I'm running the SysPrep stuff that came with the Primochill tubing through the loop and there's no immediate leaks. :p

Last edited:
I have never seen Asus boards in white like that. They always seem to be all black or black/red for ROG stuff.

Monoblocks can be a PIA to line up and install. You're trying to line up like 10 holes without messing up the TIM and tape, but they are much easier to tube than individual blocks. It looks like yours doesn't cool the PCH just like mine. Mine does passively cool it, but they chose the bling of the RGB EK logo instead.

DSCN0288.JPG

Last edited:
Nice looking rig Daddyjaxx :D

What speed would you guys recommend I set the pump to, 1-5?

3 is usually fine, well I ran 3 when I had a D5. Ohh almost 10 years ago, good pumps. Start at 5 to bleed everything ect. Once you know it's all good start dropping the speed and run tests to simulate your profile. Monitor temps and pay attention to ambient temps. 1C in the air/room is 1C added to your temps. Drop speed till you see a real increase in temps then you know where to run it.

3-4 is the speed I like

Thanks for your reply, Console.

It's incredibly quiet on 3 :D

3 is usually fine, well I ran 3 when I had a D5. Ohh almost 10 years ago, good pumps. Start at 5 to bleed everything ect. Once you know it's all good start dropping the speed and run tests to simulate your profile. Monitor temps and pay attention to ambient temps. 1C in the air/room is 1C added to your temps. Drop speed till you see a real increase in temps then you know where to run it.

Thanks for your reply, Conumdrum.

Wow.. I didn't know the D5 has been around for that long.

I'll give that a go!

So here's something unrelated with the watercooling bit.

Corsair sent me my replacement HX1000i and they sent a really bad one, not only did it sound like a bird cage but it wasn't healthy to say the least. I started OCCT and (CPU is NOT oc'd) immediately one of the cores fail, I restart the pc and get a "CPU OVERVOLTAGE" error.

I go in to the bios to see that the Vcore is 1.8V!!

I turned it off and put my old Rm850 back in, started up and no problems..

Firstly I'm worried that this has caused some damage. What do you fellas think?

Ok second part to this.

I told Corsair that it sounded like a bird cage but not about the CPU bit. They first offered a HX1200 replacement, I said no as I don't need 1200w and also I can't monitor it with link.

This morning they're offering a AX860I, should I go for it? I do plan to get two AMD Vega cards when they're out.

As long as it didn't last for too long, you're fine. Some go that high for extreme OCing but it looks like your temps didn't reach thermal shutdown which is a good sign.

I would get a hold of them again and RMA that PSU. Just make sure to document everything.

As far as a PSU replacement, it sounds silly they'd bump you from a HXi to a regular HX when you paid for monitoring. If they would have asked me for a HX1200, I would have asked for the HX1200i. Either that or asked for the same HX1000i PSU.

As long as it didn't last for too long, you're fine. Some go that high for extreme OCing but it looks like your temps didn't reach thermal shutdown which is a good sign.

I would get a hold of them again and RMA that PSU. Just make sure to document everything.

As far as a PSU replacement, it sounds silly they'd bump you from a HXi to a regular HX when you paid for monitoring. If they would have asked me for a HX1200, I would have asked for the HX1200i. Either that or asked for the same HX1000i PSU.

Thanks for your speedy reply, Jack!

What do you think of the AX860I as a replacement for the HX1000i?

Thanks for your speedy reply, Jack!

What do you think of the AX860I as a replacement for the HX1000i?

I mean they're both platinum and both have software monitoring which is good. The only difference I see is the color schemes on them if that matters, you have less overhead and it costs less which means you overpaid unless they want to throw in a USB stick to make the difference. I would want something of equal value or higher but that's just me. Only way I would take the AX860i is if I knew it had better internals than the HXi series but knowing their both platinum efficiency, not sure if it matters much than.

Edit: After looking around, I've noticed this.

Capture.JPG

Corsair Link Advanced vs. Corsair Link Digital

Q: So what is the difference? I have checked the webpages of both HXi and AXi PSU's and there is no mention of what they do differently? What is the difference between Corsair Link Advanced and Corsair Link Digital? Some one please enlighten me... Thanks...

A: AXi lets you monitor amperage in all cables and set OCP limit, like 45A or 50A, HXi only overall power and enable OCP on and off.

Source

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to check that out for me, Jack.

I did some looking on Corsair's website and noticed the difference with Corsair LINK, I just wasn't sure if that was the only difference to warrant the price the units have.

I've told Corsair about the issues and that this is the 3rd HX1000i I've had that has issues. I know people regard the old RM series as not amazing but this RM850 has never given me a hint of trouble and has always remained dead quiet :p

I've asked them what else they can offer me.

Back to the watercooling!

I think I'll have to remount the Monoblock as idle temps are in the mid 30's and load temps with OCCT are reaching mid 70's and this is without an overclock on the 5820k.

I've also noticed some stuff in the bottom of the block.. Not pleased to see that as I did run distilled water with Sysprep through the system for a day to make sure it was all clean.

You need to manually clean your gear and not just run prep. I know you'll hate this but a complete tear down should be done. Check your pump, blocks and rads. You need to do the "rad dance" as we call it and make sure any debris during manufacturing is removed as best as you can. Do that using distilled water, 5-10+ times with each rad till you've noticed the fluid coming out of the rads is clean.

You need to manually clean your gear and not just run prep. I know you'll hate this but a complete tear down should be done. Check your pump, blocks and rads. You need to do the "rad dance" as we call it and make sure any debris during manufacturing is removed as best as you can. Do that using distilled water, 5-10+ times with each rad till you've noticed the fluid coming out of the rads is clean.

I did make sure the pump was clean and I did flush the rad out with hot distilled water a few times until the water that came out ran clear.

I didn't really want to take the block apart but I think it'll come to that sadly.

I do believe that it's finally done.

I took off the block and gave it a clean and after remounting the temps on idle across 6 cores were 29-33. I'll run OCCT or something later for 30 minutes and see where the temps end up.

Thank you to everyone who replied to this thread, you've helped me out a ton!

Pics!

xCbpKuVh.jpg
hiVc5DNh.jpg
RWJTKMGh.jpg
AFyVneyh.jpg << That smudge on the left side of the block is driving me mad, not mad enough to go through removing the board and disassembling the block again though. :p
6C3TJUAh.jpg
6C3TJUAh.jpg
KyUj5oCh.jpg

Hope you ran a leak test since that looks fairly fast from here. Always want to be sure there are no leaks whatsoever. If you have, than job well done.

Hope you ran a leak test since that looks fairly fast from here. Always want to be sure there are no leaks whatsoever. If you have, than job well done.

I did indeed. I think I may have some bubbles in the loop or something. System idles at around 30-35 and go to 60 in aida64, though it is kinda warm in the UK right now (24c). What's your thoughts on this?

On another note, Corsair have offered me a AX1200i as a replacement for the HX1000i which I've snapped up :D

Looks good to me and congrats on the AX1200i. That's $100 more from what you paid. I call that a win-win.

Cheers Jack. Hopefully that one will last longer than a year. XD

Back