• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Doom 3 crash?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grov

Disabled
Im having anoying crashes in doom 3. It seems to just re-boot and sit at a blue screen, and if i press reset nothing happens, and if i press power it turns of straight away, when it should takes a few seconds.

It seems to happen when i quicksave (F5). I have no idea what it is. I have 4.9cats installed, fastwrites off, VPU recover off.

I have noticed that i seem to get wayyyy more crashes in games, now i have an ATI card.

When i had my TI4600 i hardy ever had games crash. :confused:

Grov said:
Im having anoying crashes in doom 3. It seems to just re-boot and sit at a blue screen, and if i press reset nothing happens, and if i press power it turns of straight away, when it should takes a few seconds.

It seems to happen when i quicksave (F5). I have no idea what it is. I have 4.9cats installed, fastwrites off, VPU recover off.

I have noticed that i seem to get wayyyy more crashes in games, now i have an ATI card.

When i had my TI4600 i hardy ever had games crash. :confused:

WOW, I've noticed the exact same thing when I've switched back to ATi (9800pro that was). I mean that I also started to have some crashes during games and sometimes the system would just restart for no reason, I thought that maybe there was something with my system but same occured with my 9800XT that I got later... It wasn't constant, but enough to annoy. I know for sure that I've never had so many crashes during games when I've had my Ti500, and now 6800nu working w/out crashes too, altough I've only had it for about 1-2 weeks :-/ . None of the cards were ever overclocked during games (don't need to, yet, and if I did overclocked any then only to test it with 3dmark).

You might want to try CAT's 4.11. They're also known for a huge performance boost in 3DMark05 and they fix some problems with Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic too, as described here: http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4649.html

Tell us how it goes.

Thanks for the reply, yeah this is my first ATI card.

Ive just installed the offical 4.10's and Doom 3 was ok last night, so hopefully it has fixed it.

I had the same problem when i first installed doom 3, all i had to do was update (a big pain for 56k'ers, especially for a 20MB+ file)

Back