• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DPI and you...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Luke1978

I'm painfully new to this whole on the fly DPI thing... And am having an admittedly hard time finding some middle ground.

Coming from a mouse with 500DPI fixed, to a Perixx MX2000II. Really like the mouse (it's a bit light, even with all the weights in it) And has infinitely adjustable DPI, which is then assigned to 4 presets through the software. i've always used the windows interface, adding acceleration etc to taste. I did disable acceleration and pointer speed in the mouse settings, and am just using the Perixx software to adjust speed etc..

Looking for suggestions on DPI for FPS (BF4) and RPG's like Skyrim and WoW. Maybe even a "feels good" for the windows environment....

It really depends on you. I have a logitech G500, and for FPS games I usually cycle between its highest setting and a really low setting(5700DPI and 400-800DPI for sniping). For more relaxed games like Skyrim, I usually just leave it at 5700DPI, maybe tweak the ingame mouse speed a little. But it's like saying which pair of sneakers fit best, which set of headphones sound the best, etc. There's no set X is the best, Y is 2nd, etc. because everyone different.

Edit: I also just leave it all the way up in Windows. I'm just used to having a bunch of junk around my mouse/keyboard area, so having it at a high DPI vs low DPI means the difference between having a full range of motion vs. "oops, turns out my computer doesn't like coke..." :D

Last edited:
Back