• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Drain port planning question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pollie

Registered
So, I´m ready to think where I´m going to put the drain port. I know it has to be at the very bottom of the loop. I have the reservoir going straight into the pump´s input. Now I´m thinking of how you can empty a water bottle faster if you punch a hole in it to have air in; right? This would be achieved by opening the top of my reservoir, but the top of my reservoir is not the highest point of the loop. Would it not overflow if water did not come out of the drain port as fast as water from the radiator which is higher than the top of the reservoir comes down? I really can´t simulate this in my head.

So, my question is: Is the only requisite for a system that drains well that the drain port must be the lowest part of the loop? Do I need like a "breather" hole at the very highest point in the loop, or is opening the top of the reservoir enough?

Duuur :facepalm:

Thanks.

Back