• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dram Not showing Dual channel

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kemo89

Registered
SO I started my new build. and I have G. Skillz 2x16gb GDDR4 in socket 1 and 3. Booted up and only channel 1 shows active. Moved sticks around and still nothing. Moved stick 2 into slot 1A and it works. Moved Stick 1 into slot 1A it works. Neither work in slot 2A. Tried to run in slot 1B and 2B and didn't post. Both sticks work. I set XMP to 3200 in bios. WTF am I doing wrong. AND PLEASE don't way I have to RMA the board cuz there MIGHT be a bent pin.

I7-8700k
Asus Prime z370-A
32gb 2x16 GDDR4 3200

Reset the bios so xmp isnt enabled... be sure it is updated to the latest version. What slots does you manual say they should be in?

With 32GB, you may have to add a bit of system agaent or IO voltage to support those high density sticks.

Assuming the ram is ok, that only leaves the mobo and CPU. Check socket for bent pins. Check CPU contacts are clean. Re-seat CPU. A bit of a long shot, but excessive cooler mounting pressure might also cause problems.

GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stopped being lazy pulled the AIO off, cleaned off the Thermal paste and resat. This is what I saw

thumbnail_20181219_1634081.jpg thumbnail_20181219_1633441.jpg

Nothing that caused any problems. SO I reapplied MX-2 and AIO and tightened but not tooo much. I checked the Voltage and tried 1.4 and 1.5 still nothing. RE RE Rechecked memory and removed and resatand MAGIC~~~~~~ ITS NOW reading 32gb and I lowered the voltage back to 1.3793 no issues.

Untitled.png

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

now to Overclock this 8700K to 5ghz

Shes pretty.....

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

thumbnail_20181214_1852181.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    495.3 KB · Views: 47
Glad you got it working. The only thing I can figure is that there must have been some contamination in one of the RAM slots that prevented it from making proper contact. Sometimes you just have to scratch your head. You know what I mean?

Back