• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Driver failure, 8800GTS's SLI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoodleGTS

Hey guys,

I randomly get flashing black screen and stuttering, followed by a "your display drivers crashed, but then recovered" type of message. I'm running the latest NVidia drivers for 64 bit Vista (not beta). I have 2 PNY 8800GTSs running in SLI. This happens when I overclock them, but sometimes when they run at stock speeds too. Any help?

Thanks.

NoodleGTS said:
Hey guys,

I randomly get flashing black screen and stuttering, followed by a "your display drivers crashed, but then recovered" type of message. I'm running the latest NVidia drivers for 64 bit Vista (not beta). I have 2 PNY 8800GTSs running in SLI. This happens when I overclock them, but sometimes when they run at stock speeds too. Any help?

Thanks.

Read further into the exact error you are getting. If its "nvlddmkm stopped responding", youre one of the thousands of people with the same problem. I have had it since January and there is still no official fix.

I sincerely hope this isnt the case, but if it is, pull up a seat and get comfy. Here is over 100 pages of posts over at the Nvidia forum with the exact same problem.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=25381

Surfrider77 said:
Read further into the exact error you are getting. If its "nvlddmkm stopped responding", youre one of the thousands of people with the same problem. I have had it since January and there is still no official fix.

I sincerely hope this isnt the case, but if it is, pull up a seat and get comfy. Here is over 100 pages of posts over at the Nvidia forum with the exact same problem.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=25381

Damn it... that's exactly the issue... I feel like I'm at the DMV, waiting in line to get my ticket so I can wait in line so they can look at my claim and tell me to wait in line... When the hell are companies (NVidia and Creative to be specific) going to make Vista 64 drivers that actually work and enable full functionality of the product!!!!!?????

Well, atleast I can help you with one thing...

Creative drivers for x64 are messed up with their current version (2.15). When I load these on my system, you get loud static, some crackles & popping sounds, or just nothing at all. Most of the time its the loud static.

This is the part youre going to laugh. Creative are just lazy as hell. The previous driver (2.13) works flawless in Vista x64. They released a buggy and broken driver with 2.15 back in May 2007 and have still not fixed it.

Google for the 2.13 drivers and you should have your sound problems sorted.

Hope this helps.

Back