• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Droppin' by to check on a some old friends...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TollhouseFrank

Senior Headphone Guru
Wow. This room and team has grown. I remember working hard on convincing a certain Admin that this room would not be a waste of his time creating and I made a guarantee to him that this room wouldn't need much policing, if any at all, by any of the greens (thanks for the trust Luta!). You all have proved my belief in you and showed that his trust in us was well deserved.

Lots of new faces (and old ones i remember well) in here.

Just want to say Thank You for proving that we can work together and grow and show that OCF still has something going for it!

I haven't had time to keep up with any of the DC programs in a long time. Everytime I get ready to come back and join, something in life intervenes and pulls away my time/attention/effort/financial ability to afford keeping pc on 24x7 :bang head

Now with summer approaching, I'm finally starting to get freed up and have the time and effort and attention to rejoin and help out again, well.. whenever it's nighttime and cool and running the pc doesn't overwhelm the AC (with 10 pc's on all the time, the AC gets overwhelmed easy, lol).

I'm sorta pressed for time as i'm writing this, so I can't check up on them, but how is my pet-project coming along? (NetDIMES)

also, if i wanted to rejoin the BOINC effort, how would I go about optimizing the client for a dualcore A64 in Vista 32bit?

Speaking of which.... when was the last time we had a good thread on optimizing various clients?

Some projects (like SETI), can use an optimized client. Some projects can use your CUDA enabled GPU, if you have one.

Rosetta can not use an optimized client, or a GPU card, at this time. The Rosie team has completely changed - it's a real powerhouse team in the Rosetta world. Has moved from #101 to #35, in just a year.

You are still listed as a member of our Rosetta team.

Great to see you Back TollhouseFrank, and as Adak has stated nothing much other than running the client needs to be done on Rosetta, and yes the Team has certainly grown and become a Powerhouse.

thanks guys. I checked on netdimes..... got my new rig up on it (whenever i have it on... which is at night usually). Not sure what else i can join that doesn't care about me only giving it half-quarter time.....

Back