• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dry ice pot (where do i get one )

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xtreme Barton

where the hell do i get one ?? and all you gotta do is mask off the important slots and etc . and spray the rest with clear coat ??

i want one :cry:

what about a gpu pot ?? do they make 90 degree ones for vid cards ?? how do you cool the ram ??

I once heard a story about an ancient god named kingpin, who liked to throw things at his worshipers. Every once and a while he would grab a pot by accident and throw it, and that's how the CPU pot came into existence.

... or something like that. In modern times I'd say keep an eye on the FS section, maybe some people who sell them at XS? Personally I'd like to know as well so I'll keep an eye on this thread.

ok well are they hard to make ?? i have access to unlimited resources when it comes to making anything with metals ..

and hahahaa .. you are hella funny

ok well are they hard to make ?? i have access to unlimited resources when it comes to making anything with metals ..

and hahahaa .. you are hella funny

I wouldn't think so, basically mill a big chunk of copper down into a tube with a nice base, maybe do some fancy stuff on the inside on the base for better heat transfer. Definitely a lot of stuff over at XS about that.

If you have access to nice size copper blocks and the proper equipment, I'd definitely try making one yourself.

well my brother can get akk that stuff .. he works fo the millwrights (spelling) .. so would an extra large pot be better ? and what about mounting ? just look at what regular heat sinks use and make it similar ?

and do i have it right about using clear coat ?

Clear coat? Eh, no clue.

You really need to either search that over at XS or wait for one of the people who actually run DICE/LN2 on a regular basis to show up (a.k.a. the benching crew). I just strap jet engines on to my AC7, don't know diddly squat about how to make a pot.

I prefer hydr... Hey stop that.

Looks like on of the benching buddies is on now, I'll shoot him a PM and ask him to take a look at the thread.

Hey you guys...stop it :( Your taking me back to the "good ol' days" :D

Don't they have a benching thing every year out in cali? You ought to make it down there one of these days.

EDIT: back on topic, I noticed kingpin has a northbridge pot for 55$, think that can be used for CPUs?

Don't they have a benching thing every year out in cali? You ought to make it down there one of these days.

EDIT: back on topic, I noticed kingpin has a northbridge pot for 55$, think that can be used for CPUs?

off topic - I've been to LA twice in the last 14 months for competitions...where were you :shrug: :D

on topic - I wouldn't...but then again, I am going for high overclocks...aren't you :p

off topic - I've been to LA twice in the last 14 months for competitions...where were you :shrug: :D

on topic - I wouldn't...but then again, I am going for high overclocks...aren't you :p

Better than sticking DICE on this AC7, eh?

Also, I might make my way out there one of these days. I'm sure we can have some fun when your not benching. :cool:

sell your brownies...they don't get u boints

Hey man, one of our members "sno.lcn" recently wrote a guide on sub zero insulating...
http://www.overclockers.com/subzero-cooling-insulation-guide/

Koolance makes some cheap pots that work great with dry ice:
http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/default.php?cPath=120

But if you want the good stuff...check out kingpin cooling:
http://kingpincooling.com/

And like KonaKona said, if you want something on the cheap and you're not in a big hurry, keep an eye out in the Classifieds section :beer:

its not hard finding stuff here !

Back