• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual 970s under 100k ppd???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AnubisOne

So, I just set up my folding rig after moving and it's been up for almost 2 days now and it is sitting at around 60k ppd. Did something get screwed up during the move???

Before moving I was making between 500k - 600k ppd. The rig in question is in my sig under folding rig for those looking for additional info. Why is this happening???????

Maybe you've just got a couple of projects that aren't putting up that many ppd? There are others here that know a lot more than me about this, but I have noticed that every now and then I'll have a couple of really low days even on my 1080. I've had 100kppd days and 900kppd days. Just depends on what project you're folding. I'd give it a few days and see if it changes.

My guess is that something didn't survive the move. Reseat your cards, and power connectors. Make sure that your CPU cooling system didn't come loose. I think that it will be something mechanical.

I took everything apart (besides the cpu cooler and ram from mobo) before the move to try and minimize any damage. Other than sitting it in my lap while I drove, I tried to be as gentle as possible, haha.

But I will definitely check seating and connections after work today to make sure its all OK.

Looking at your stats so far today, you're on track to earn around 600k today and you earned over 500k yesterday. I suspect that you're fine as is.

Yeah, give it a couple days and see where your numbers are :)

Don't want to break something while trying to reseat!

Checking your points again today at the mid-way point and you will hit above 550k today barring anything funky yet today. You're in great shape.

289k today at the midway point.

After looking at it again today I think the ppd counter on my F@H might be bugged. It seems to only be counting the points from the current WUs and adding them to get my ppd.

Back