• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Mach II's?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OutS|der

was thinking for my next major upgrade i wanna go all out
could i run a vapochill or mach II to the CPU and one to my dual vid SLI or Crossfire cards or would condensation kill me? just starting to understand this form of cooling so no idea any help would be great as i figure after water this is my next step for max overclocks

there is no commercially made phase change cooler that will cool one video card, let alone two. also, because of their format you couldn't really arrange them.

ya logistically i dont think u can pull it off..........u would have 2 design ur own set up.....buying 2 MACH II's outta the box and getting it 2 work is not an option..........

ya i saw something like that.........it costs like 2000pounds........some kinda dual proc vapochill........

http://extremeprometeia.com/
has an option to let ya use it for an SLI setup, so my idea was one for the SLI or Crossfire and one for the CPU, figured since ya can get em that fit under Lan Li cases i figured ya could stack two untis on top of each other and run em to the case

the best you could do is maybe run a TEC on a video card, is that possible?

Janus67 said:
the best you could do is maybe run a TEC on a video card, is that possible?
Very much so :D
Swiftech, Danger Den and others make Peltier-based waterblocks for GPU's.
I intend to get one :)

I would reccomend either a simple watercooler, or a custom GPU phase changer.

A custom unit can be made fairly easily, or found for not-to-much money; forums such as this one often have people offering the service of unit construction, usually at fair rates.

Peltiered watercooling on a crossfire or SLI configuration is not really a good setup for long term use - the power draw and enormous heat dump of two 172W peltiers cooling two very overvolted and overclocked GPU cores makes for an extremely expensive and impractical setup. In particular, the heat that two such peltiers put into a room will destroy room temperatures if run for any lengthy time period.

Phase change is far more efficient, easier, and less expensive if you can find a used or custom unit. Condensation is a danger, but nothing that good care and thorough insulation won't take care of.

Back