• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual monitor help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whitworth2001

Registered
hey guys

am having trouble with my duel display on my graphics card.

i have 2 monitors Viewsonic HDMI 1080p and a HP W227h i wanted to duel these to screens up but having difficulties.

So i first plug in my Viewsonic Via HDMI to the back of my graphics card everything is fine and monitor is on,
then i try and plug my other monitor in using HDMI to DVI-I converter.
every time i plug this in it turns off my viewsonic monitor giving no signal untill i unplug the HP DVI-I connector.
ive switched these around so the HP is using the HDMI port and the Viewsonic using the DVI-I port but it does exactly the same with only 1 being on at a time
ive reinstalled windows even changed my graphics card from a GTX560TI to a Radeon R9280x but does exactly the same.
ive had it running great for a few hours untill i restart the pc then back to its usual tricks but not getting any joy anymore
i have also tryed to plug in my tv to it and it does the same thing

Fx8120
Radeon R9280x
16GB DDR3
asus m5a78l-m

Any help is greatly appriciated

Kris

Did you go in the BIOS and enables IGPU Multi-Monitor (do you have that option available on your mobo)
He doesn't appear to be using the iGPU (he mentioned two discrete cards) so there should not be any adjustments needed in the bios.

@ whitw - Did you enable a dual monitor setup in the control panel? Either NVCP(Nvidia Control Panel) or CCC(catalyst control center)?

On desktop, right click -> screen resolution and hit the detect button. Used to do it on a friend as well especially after formating the drive. You will most probably need to make a few changes in settings in CCC or NVCP (whichever you got)

Back