• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1.) - Right click on desktop and click properties
- goto settings (do you have two screens showing? if not plug it in and start over :p )
- select second screen, then check the box beside "Extend my windows desktop onto this screen"

2.) - Right click on desktop and click on your monitor name under the sub-directory "NVIDIA Display"
- under "NView Display Settings" choose "Dualview", "Span" or "Clone"

Also if you goto "Desktop Management" in your NForce driver and enable the nview desktop manager then expand the "Desktop Management" menu you can choose "Desktop" option and use different wallpapers for each monitor

Into your second video output. This may be the second head on your graphics card, or you may need a second graphics card.

my 6800nu has two outputs. One is the old school style and one is they style used for the newer LCD's. I have 2 crts monitors I want to use. They are different sizes if it matters. I think I have a converter that that plug into the newer style and allow me to hook up my other crt. Will that work?

--pak

Yup

DVI to VGA adapter will work
I believe (please correct me anyone) that the connections are also called DVI-I (as oppossed to DVI-L) and DSUB15, DB15 or D15 ports :)

Did it! thx! and it works.

Cant test it out right now cuz the WoW servers are down for maintenance, but will this lag me in WoW a considerable amount? I plan to play WoW on my main rig and have nothing more than a web page up in the other.

--pak

Make sure you set WoW to windowed mode and maximized, otherwise you won't be able to move your mouse to your second monitor.

You can, but you have to enable active desktop, then add the pictures as desktop items. Then drag and full screen the pictures on the respective monitors. Keep in mind when you do this you will no longer be able to right click on the desktop for the normal desktop options.

Captain Helghas said:
Anybody know if you can have two different desktop pictures on the two monitors? I can't seem to find any options for it.

You will need a 3rd party plugin like UltraMon. Pretty cool proggy.

ultramon convert...having the a sep taskbar is a godsend. Plenty of kool little features that have made it a must have for me

Captain Helghas said:
I've been using it for about 30 minutes now and I love it.

Its a wicked sweet program; been recommending it for years... I was turned on to it via a recommendation as well...

Captain Helghas said:
Anybody know if you can have two different desktop pictures on the two monitors? I can't seem to find any options for it.

White Runner said:
You will need a 3rd party plugin like UltraMon. Pretty cool proggy.

You don't need any 3rd party programs.

Just make your desktop image double the size of one monitor then stick them side by side.

For example I have 2x 1600x1200 so my image is 3200x1200 with one picture sat next to the other. Go into display properties and select the wallpaper and set it to tile. Use common sense when decided which side which image should go on.

Back