• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual reservoir pump/combo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Keetoowah

I may be getting carried away but is it OK to run a dual reservoir/pump setup for redundancy as long as they match? I am having issues with water levels being the same height on my 250mm tubes. Would I be better to run one on my CPU and the other to my GPU. My rads are both Alphacool one is 429x60 other is 360x60. I am cooling a 1950x Threadripper and a 2080 Waterforce. Everything was great cooling everything with one pump with a smaller 420 mm rad and then I got some extra cash and purchased the 420x60 and ended up with the other pump/res I bought for my son because it wouldn't fit in his case.

sure, they don't even have to match.
just make sure not to use A positive displacement pump.

Do they make positive discharge pumps for PC water cooling systems?

I actually don't know, I have only had A ddc and d5 apart, they are not.

Yes, I was thinking they are all impeller type. The "positive discharge" pump looks like it kind of operates like an automobile power steering pump if I understand the info in the link you provided.

the ddc and d5 are centrifugal and the coolant from another pump will pass through, although with A restriction.

Back