• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dye,Water, Biocide, & Silver Coils

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joedreamliner78

Registered
I know I am probably going to get yelled that and yes I want my system to look "pretty" so I am looking for advice on how to keep my rig running with min. issues.

I will be using PETG by EKWB all copper blocks and copper radiators.
I purchased Mayhems Ultra Pure H2O, Mayhems Extreme Biocide, Mayhems UV Pink (for GPU loop) and UV Green (for CPU loop).
My question is should I add silver coils to each loop in addition to the biocide and dyes?

Thanks!

No.
If you're using a biocide there is no reason for silver.
Keep it simple and do regular maintenance and you will have no problems.

There is no way to get away from the fact that dyes will increase the maintenance required with your loops.

Post some pic of the build.

Thank you for all the info guys. As far as general maintenance are talking draining the loops, cleaning the blocks and rads? How often do you think I will need to perform the maintenance?

I will post pics of the build when done everything is the mail. It's a long wait... At least for now i installed my new mb X99 and i7 6850k, 1080gtx corsair h100i in my haf 132 case and 4 solid state drives 1 intel 750 pcie, 1 original 100gb solid state with the OS and the other two are PNY 960gb solid states. Evertything is up and running great and I O.C'd to 4.2 stable and ran through prime 95. At least I know my new equipment is good. Hate to install everything in the new case just to find out I have a bad mb :p

If you're dead set on using Mayhems Ultra Pure H2O, Mayhems Extreme Biocide, Mayhems UV Pink , then it'll be like every 3 months for regular maintenance. Using plain distilled water and a biocide, it'll be like once a year.

Using colored fluids/dyes as you mentioned requires more of a frequent maintenance regiment. You got your work cut out for you.

I clean out my system like once every 8/10 months or so. But then I'm a perfectionist/clean freak, lol.

I strongly advise on using EK's clear premixed fluid and just add color tubing from PrimoChill Advanced LRT and some RGB LEDs for ambient lighting.

Silver has been known not to sit well with nickel plated EK blocks which is fairly used on most of their products. EK themselves as well as other H20 reputed mfgers also echo'd the same alarm when using silver.

I strongly advise on using EK's clear premixed fluid and just add color tubing from PrimoChill Advanced LRT and some RGB LEDs for ambient lighting.

Silver has been known not to sit well with nickel plated EK blocks which is fairly used on most of their products. EK themselves as well as other H20 reputed mfgers also echo'd the same alarm when using silver.

Hi and thank you for the tips! I had ordered the EK-Supremacy EVO for my CPU block,gtx-1080 with plexi and the EK rads all of which are copper from blocks to rads. I was careful about that. The wild card is the ekwb fittings ?. I went with the ekwb hard tube because I can bend pipe and also wanted to avoid soft tube and plasticizer issues. I will go with distilled water biocide and small amount of dye. I do not mind doing maintenance and I plan to really wash and pre clean the rads before doing the setup.

Back