• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dynamic ip used with static?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wasp9166

not sure where to put this, i changed my computer to static ip to setup port forwarding in router for a p2p ................now, everything works fine, p2p is great and so is internet................but, my outlook express wont connect to my isp email account

i called them and they said, they use a dynamic ip and that they also dont see a router hooked up, when i am using it and things are fine..........

whats the fix for this? is there something i can change in outlook? a small app i need to install maybe?

isp says it cant be done

What kind of IP you set on your PC behind a NAT router doesn't matter and can't be seen from the outside anyways.

Do a "telnet <address of your mailserver> 110" and show us the output. Also, whenever reporting a problem/something not working: detailed and exact error messages please.

What kind of IP you set on your PC behind a NAT router doesn't matter and can't be seen from the outside anyways.

Do a "telnet <address of your mailserver> 110" and show us the output. Also, whenever reporting a problem/something not working: detailed and exact error messages please.

sorry, this is the error

The host 'pop-server' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'hvc.rr.com', Server: 'pop-server', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

i spoke to the next level tech at rr, he said exactly that, he said to try and forward the server ports in outlook, that didnt work

what is that you said to do? telnet? not sure how to do that

Back