• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E4300 Overclocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Evilsizer said:
download orthos and run it for about a hour to get your max load temps while at stock settings. you need to see what kind of load temps at stock your getting first then go from there. basicly though you want your temps to stay below 65c. get tat or coretemp use those for temps.

ugh, i can't get tat or coretemp to run on vista x64 business edition

okay, got coretemp to run.

after only 3 1/2 mins on 100% from orthos i saw 69* on stock settings. Idle temps are around 43*. I'm gonna reseat the heat sink and see if that makes any difference.

Last edited:
seems like the stock cooler wasn't on all the way and i had a little too much thermal grease on there. I upgraded to the Thermaltake Big Typhoon cooler and things are running much nicer. I'm sitting at 375x8 and under 100% load i hit 63* or so.

jae87 said:
Running 3GHz! :beer:

Stock 1.325v on 9x 333, F10 bios. Just finished the half hour OCCT test. With open case and room temp around 71F, Core Temp reported idle 34C and max temp 56C. I'm using Ultra120 with panaflo l1a, 50mm fan on nb, as5 on both nb and sb chips.

i might try a similar setup here. i'm happy with my 3.0ghz clock, but i'd like to see if i could get the vcore down farther.

HELP! I got an e4300 on a P5B-VM board, with 1 GB of kingston PC 5300 RAM. I can only get around a 190 MHz overclock which sucks... Any ideas? Is it a crappy motherboard?

loinburg said:
HELP! I got an e4300 on a P5B-VM board, with 1 GB of kingston PC 5300 RAM. I can only get around a 190 MHz overclock which sucks... Any ideas? Is it a crappy motherboard?
yea its the board...

I heard its because there is no PCI lock or something like that. That is too bad because I jsut bought the board:shrug:

I knew it! I bloody well knew it! :(

Turns out the limiting factor of my overclock wasnt my CPU at all - but a bad stick of memory that finally crapped out on me this morning. Unfortunately the replacement dual channel kit also had a bad stick in it right out of the box :bang head

More in the memory section...

But, i shall go back for a refund and begin clocking once more....*schemes*

After returning with a newer set of OCZ - they must have some REALLY crappy QC going on - the guys at the desk had to send almost all 25 sets back as they were bollocksed :(

Still i managed to get a set that works fine now i'm shoving 2.0v up its arse, leaving me NO room for overclocking in this board...i want more dividers! :cry:

Right! After figuring out that i had to set vCore to 1.5125v in the BIOS to get 1.4250v under load, i set out to crank mine up another 200Mhz...and i was successful! :D :attn:

Orthos proof attached, but....are those load temps a little high for a chip thats sat underneath a Zalman CNPS9700 with AS5 inbetween???

Attachments

• burn-forum.jpg
    burn-forum.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 450
Aaah, cause idle is at the moment about 33*c and its reasonably warm in here (about 17/18*c) with a light breeze.

Those temps dont look too scary then i trust?

Wierd thing is, the memory modules are working fine at 2.0v and 4-4-4-12 at this FSB setting....which is wierd. Stupid OCZ...

Well I'm new at the E4300, it's a hell of allot better than the AMD64 3000 I just got rid of, but I got a crappy board(ECS 945GZT-M) with the combo from Fry's oh well....

I picked up some Patriot DDr2 800(pc26400) but the motherboard has some weird OC'n characteristics to it. in the memory speed field you can select 400 or 533 but if I type 400 in the field the system wont boot, but if I type 200 in there is will boot and run at 1.8Ghz. I don't understand that, but oh well. right now I'm letting the system settle before I try and OC it, but the memory thing is really odd, selecting 400 works, but typing it in doesn't. Maybe I'll try the 533 setting to see what happens. But after reading about MB's I know I am screwed and will never see the 3Ghz I had hoped for....

I'm getting stuck at the OC with E4300 and the Abit IP35-E mobo. I've changed the DRAM:FSB ratio to 1:1 and am able to boot up at 255Mhz. However I can't make it boot up at starting at 260Mhz. Shall I start to increase the vcore? but i think it's too early to do it. Btw, my config are:

CPU: E4300 (255*9= 2295)
Mobo: Abit IP35-E
Ram: Kingston value PC-6400 (512*4) dual channel (5-5-5-15)
PSU: 550W Cooler Master

Aircooling - it's not just for VW Beetles...

I had to peg my 4300 back a bit to 3Ghz, i was just too unsure of setting the voltage that high - i need a vDroop mod for the P5B-E!

Still, as a testament to how good aircooling can be - check this out :sn: :D

idletemps.png

Back