• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E4300 Overclocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
@ford.. early intel cpu results (since I've been here) are a little flaky with initial batch (some are worse then the norm and some are a bit better) then things level off after a bit.

greenmaji said:
@ford.. early intel cpu results (since I've been here) are a little flaky with initial batch (some are worse then the norm and some are a bit better) then things level off after a bit.

Yeah when I received my CPU I was bummed it was a week 41....all I had read was that they were mostly poor performers. I think a lot of those were OEM chips though, although I have read of some Retails of the same week fairing poorly as well. I believe your explanation is right on green.

@ Rider

Thanks,

@ Retrolock

wOw Hello Tacs, good to hear we met again my master in OC! THANKS FOR THAT GREAT TIP! I'm having a lot of headroom now :D

Just try a more reliable PSU and CPU Cooler rest assured you may hit more than what I got (100%+)

Congrats you GOT your d9gmh Xtreem! I'm also planning to have that beasty memory and hoping I can get mine next week for my quadCore set-up :D yeee

for all heres my 3.6Ghz settings:
VCore: 1.456V @ 48C-51C FULLY LOADED

about orthos benchmark I still dont have time to try that because of a busy days coming... yet its been a week long no blue screens or any source of failure (still open up-to now its been 208Hours open since I got this settings) in my current set-up.

And I'm thinking to push it more further (4.0Ghz) most probably next week :) so that I can run all the necessary stability testing (for now its verified with OCCT Stable)before my vacation leave at work :D

twicio08 said:
And I'm thinking to push it more further (4.0Ghz) most probably next week :) so that I can run all the necessary stability testing (for now its verified with OCCT Stable)before my vacation leave at work :D

I would love to see someone join the 4Ghz c2d club with an E4300 that would be great. As a side note I am almost positive my memory is what is holding me back from higher FSB not the chip or motherboard. I get rapid beep code trying to go farther than 397x9 which my motherboard manual tells me is a memory error code.

twicio I am curious what is the batch code on your processor?

:) hope I can make it atleast 4Ghz...

heres my inspiration...

163663.png

got this from my fellow Tpc members... :)

I think i might have FINALLY got it stable at 360x9, beforehand i just bunged the FSB to 360, knocked the voltage up until windows ran and then superpi 4m'ed it. Now though, i think i've fiddled it to the right settings. However, it is rather how - 60*c under load, 37*c idle.

Got the memory at 4-4-5-12, 2.1v, 1:1 ratio

CPU Voltage - 1.448v, but under load that becomes 1.408v

Dont think i'm going to be able to push my memory or the CPU past this point!

Lol - sods law stepped in minutes after typing that - 30 mins of Stress Prime and *poof* the whole computer shuts down! :D

Knocked the voltage down one notch, and its now only 58*c under load at 3195Mhz (355x9)...lets see how this does :)

mine rebooted in orthos after a half hour at 370x9, its pretty stable though at 366x9. im also at 1.49v though (droops to 1.42ish under load, damn asus boards)

with slightly less speed (about where your at) it didnt like to run with less than 1.48v, 1.45 was unstable over 3.2ghz

if you wanted more speed and had lower temps id say try 1.48-1.49 v

1.5ish is normaly the tops for conservitive air OC's.

If your ram and mobo can take it dropping the multi and bumping past 400FSB can be helpfull (or cranking up the voltage on the NB to get stable with a lower strap) to bump up straps.

I may have a go at that later. What do you mean by conservative air overclocks though?

Memory is DDR667, its already having a tough time maintaining DDR710, 4-4-5-12 at 2.1v, i doubt it'll ever hit DDR800.

As for the northbridge voltage - theres no such adjustment on this board :(

Really annoying, cause all the reviews of the board says there is, but not with the release BIOS...*sigh*

exellent air cooler and 24/7 operation is what I ment.

sounds like your in a pickle with that ram though.. 1:1 highest multi it is.

It may just be the bios your running with the voltage options.. pscout would know alot about it, he has several folding rigs with that motherboard.

Running the latest one Asus have released :/

Annoyed that the P965 doesnt have a downwards divider though - was used to that on my 9NPA+ Ultra....*sigh* I might just go back to AMD when the new ones come out....

Did you not know about the lack of downward dividers?
975X has them.. as does the same option (a bit more) with NV's 680 and 650i's

IDK.. decent clocking ram isn't that hard to find for decent prices anymore.. seems more reasonble then a motherboard and even worse a platform change.

Nope - thought pretty much all chipsets from Intel these days were downward divider capable - why on earth they didnt put it in on the i965, i don't know :/

The irony is, with this memory i have, the 2gb OCZ PC5400 Gold, it was on special offer for only £117, compared to the PC6400 stuff at £170. Of course, i checked last week and now you can get PC7200 OCZ for only £112 :/

*sigh*

ford what is the model of that ram... i ask cause i have a older ocz gold ddr2-667 (pc5400) 4-4-4-12 @1.8v does ddr2-900 [email protected]. the thing is some of the older ic's used on the pc5400 had built in volt regs on the pcb's so using to high of voltage resulted it not booting up.

Back