• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E5200 and BlackOps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

radi4fun

hi guys,
i've just bought a new BlackOps X48 motherboard and man this babys is AWESOME. the only down side to this MB is that this is my 2nd time overclocking and this bios are sooooo confusing. i liked the bios on the P45 Asus MB better. it was so easy to set timings and volts and everything else. but with BlackOps its a sort of a nightmare with n00b like me.

this is what i got done so far.... i think i managed to set the timings at 9-9-9-24 on my Crosair XMS3 1333mhz ddr3 2GB kit. still don't know where to set the volts but its ok i guess. so this is what i was able to do, i was trying to find the max fab on the board at stock volts w/stock intel hsf, and i've got highest fsb of 345mhz with 7x multi. This setting passed with 6hrs of Prime95 blend test with core temp showing highest temps of 63*C on both cores. i think this are high temps for stock cooling with stock volts. it came with 2.5GHz and with 7x335, i'm only at 2.4ghz, but for some reason i wana believe that the stock 12x208mhz is slower than this 7x345mhz. the computer seems to turn on/shuts down faster than with the stock settings.

i know this MB can push 400+ fsb without even breaking a sweat with right memory and nice air coling, but i was thinking about doing more fsb with stock cooling to see the absolute max with this intel hsf. what do you guys think is a "safe" high temp that i should stick with and not go beyond. i know 63*C is already very high compared to an aftermarket hsf, but would you say anything below 70*C is fine? (soon i'll get an aftermarket hsf and definitely make the temps lower, but now i just can't wait to OC this thing, i feel like a 7 year old kid right now)

The E5200 is mostly your limit. going pass 340 fsb can be done but its harder.

If you already have 63C without any OC i would ask you about your room temp and cooling used ? My E5200 paired with my Q9550 stock hsf ( copper center ) sleeps at 45c under full load @ 3.3ghz 1.3125vcore bios i think. It can be lower but im too buzyy to tweek this HTPC for now ...

well, this whole system is out on a bench that foxconn provided, i just wanted to set everything up before i put it in the xaser vi case. and the room temps i guess are a bit warn, don't really know, but atm in san diego during nights, its actually pretty hot. but just checked the weather for last night and the lowest was 17*C during night... hum.. maybe my heatsink is not on proparly or something since i also have a copper center at the bottom of my heatsink as well. are you running at 12x275 to get that 3.3ghz? i bet my temps would go lower if i put this thing in the case. i'm gona try it out tonight and see what happens.

Im runnin 300x11
1.3175vcore
DDR2 800 mem
On a P5Q (P45)
MX-2 paste

As i told, my Vcore can be lower but this computer is running like 2 hrs a week ... and im too buzy to tweek the volts down. Been playing AION and TF2 and this was all fine. Its Prime stable for 8hrs+ and OCCT stable.

Room : 23
Idle : 36*
Load : ~45

* The 2 probe NEVER go under 36c. Locked there ( damn intel probe ! )

Back