• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED E6 plug

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Qlix

photo_zpsdfd237a7.jpg

what is that for exactly? I know it says SLI/XFIRE power... but what is the benefit?

If that is the same as on previous board (LGA775), it provides either more power to the video cards or offloads it partially/completely to that plug. This frees up the motherboard from having to deliver power to video cards and could increase stability.

Helps prevent the ATX24P connector from frying during extreme OCing of Fermi GPUs.

If you're running two or three very high power cards and overclocking, plug it in. Otherwise, meh.

Plug it in with just an extra available 4pin molex from the PSU? So it receives power... does feed it?

Yes, it is just a standard Molex 4-pin that your power supply should have. Does what feed what? You need to clarify your pronouns.

sorry, what i mean is the plug receives power doesnt supply it. I dont wanna fry my **** lol

You plug your power supply into it to provide power to the board.

I was running a prime test @ 4.6, 10 minute test, passed everything. I shut down, restarted, now i have an A2 in DrDebug. IDE Detect. I pulled my GPUs out and hooked up to onboard graphics and can boot in fine, though i did reset back to UEFI defaults.

Any thoughts on the A2?

Back