• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eagle PSU - Good, Bad, Indifferent?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

megadeus

Registered
Eagle or Dynex PSU - Good, Bad, Indifferent?

I know I know, the Eagle is listed under the "Not recommended" PSU's, but I can get one for free.

The Dynex is what is sold at my local Best Buy for which I have 3 gift cards for, so basically, it would be free as well.

I searched through the PSU buying guide and didn't see/read any info on the Dynex.

This would be going into a non-OC'd system made for home use and some games.

Any thoughts on this PSU's in the above system? If you need more specs for how it "may" do I'll include those below.

Detailed Specs:

MB = BIOSTAR P4M80-M4 Socket 478 VIA P4M800 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
CPU = P4 Socket 478 @ 2.6Ghz. This was a laptop CPU, if that matters.
Video = nVidia Geforce2 MX (the 128mb variety)
Hard Drive = 1 80gb Seagate.
DVD/RW = LiteOn (Can't remember the exact model number.)
Sound = SB Live.
One Floppy
Keyboard
Optical Mouse

This PSU, since it's not really recommended, would only be to get me up and running. As soon as I have the funds available I'm going to upgrade to something better. This period would be about 2-3 months.

Thanks for any insight!

Paul

Last edited:
I'm not too sure. A co-worker got it in a case he bought a while ago but had no use for it. He said I could have it for free.

On the other hand, what about this "Dynex" brand at Best Buy? I've searched (and still searching the web) for reviews on it but all I get are bogus links to ALL Dynex products, not a PS, per se.

Thanks!
P

Can you post a little more details about the psu itself? what are the watts and amps on the 12v? If you don't use it anywhere near its rated max, no 24/7, and only for a few months you may be ok. It's risky though in my opinion.

Edit: Dynex isn't much better, if at all. Again, post specs.

Dynex is a dodgy brand. Avoid at all costs. OEM is Shenzen-Chi Yuan Industrial Co Ltd. I can probably open one up for you pretty soon. :)

Super Nade said:
Dynex is a dodgy brand. Avoid at all costs. OEM is Shenzen-Chi Yuan Industrial Co Ltd. I can probably open one up for you pretty soon. :)

If you do don't fry yourself :beer:

I think I'll wait....Although, if I could sell my Best Buy gift cards somewhere (wink wink) I could buy a Sparkle from NewEgg :)

Back