• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Easiest way for computer illiterate friends/family to share 100MB of data?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If they are all on Windows, a dedicated Windows box with shares open to all. Just open explorer and you can access it just like any other folder, and even put shortcuts to the shared folders on the desktop. The setup might be over their heads, but can be easily done even via RDP.

Agreed on dropbox or onedrive. If what I remember is correct Windows 10 will be "integrated" with OneDrive, so for future use it could be potentially easier to work with through upgrades.

Agreed on dropbox or onedrive. If what I remember is correct Windows 10 will be "integrated" with OneDrive, so for future use it could be potentially easier to work with through upgrades.
Windows 8 is integrated with OneDrive already. :confused:

You could put it on your website.
I would love to have someone upload 100MB to "my" your web site but how would they do that?

All the other suggestions are great but I know that setting up Google drive for example would be an involved process, I can't have them do 30 things that would be required from start to finish. What's needed is for them to be able to copy-paste without much signing up or setting up things that would require a process involving much thought and would work on both PC and Mac.

I would love to have someone upload 100MB to "my" your web site but how would they do that?

All the other suggestions are great but I know that setting up Google drive for example would be an involved process, I can't have them do 30 things that would be required from start to finish. What's needed is for them to be able to copy-paste without much signing up or setting up things that would require a process involving much thought and would work on both PC and Mac.

I think a dropbox account or one of the other cloud storage (google drive, etc) would be the easiest way to do this, at least if it will be used more than once. If it won't be, as others said teamviewer has a file transfer option (not sure if it has a file size limit though)

Google Drive setup is not involved in the slightest. Sign up for a google account, download the google drive app, sign in, done.

Back