• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eat my dust!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Oh snap! I thought youz was gonna' call some one out. Looking forward to your increased production.

That sounds like big talk to me. Lets see what it can do. ;)

Why did you edit my quote? I actually meant to write youz. It sounded more gangster. You know, Al Capone and such.

That sounds like big talk to me. Lets see what it can do. ;)

Why did you edit my quote? I actually meant to write youz. It sounded more gangster. You know, Al Capone and such.

Ok ok, youz youz youz, there happy now? :rofl::chair: Makes you sound like a New Yorker :rofl:
I know you meant that :)

Well, Fry's still has not shipped yet, so I fired up my 2nd 4P, so I now have GTX 980 Ti Win 10, 4P x 2 Ubuntu 14.04.02 LTS folding, that's about 820Kppd give or take 5k points :)
I had a chance to get the EVGA GTX 1080 SC from Newegg back on Jul 26 but did not get it as I thought I would have the card that week from Fry's. :bang head oh well :rofl:

98024P.jpg

Last edited:
Get ready to eat my dust, (well, for some of you anyway :))
View attachment 180786
:muahaha::comp::rofl:

Ok, so that did not go well, I still have not gotten my eVGA GTX 1080 SC from Fry's, but I saw it on Newegg last night and jumped on it as fast as I could, did not know how long it would last :) So anyway I "should" get it by Sat or Mon :rofl: I also canceled my order with Fry's.

Just in today from Newegg:

Picture 001.jpg
Picture 002.jpg

Next thing to do before I install this is to replace the thermal tape/paste that EVGA uses and put what I use on it. I did this with my GTS 450, and lowered the temps while gaming from about 55c to 37c, so I expect to see the same for the GTX 1080 :)

You should get around 850 K or so PPD from the card.

Wondering about the success of the thermal paste. What are the temps and your fan speeds?

I have my fans at 90% (still quiet) and peak at about 72 C (with 29 C ambient) on the super-power-hungry core 0x21 work units.

You should get around 850 K or so PPD from the card.

Wondering about the success of the thermal paste. What are the temps and your fan speeds?

I have my fans at 90% (still quiet) and peak at about 72 C (with 29 C ambient) on the super-power-hungry core 0x21 work units.

I'm getting about 73c +/- 1c with room temp 78f (25.5c) with fans at 100%, but as the paste ages that temp should drop some more.

Back