• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

****ed about BTX form factor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Maybe the BTX power supplies will be hydrogen fuel cells. Fill it up with water once a week. *chuckles*

Oooooooooooor get a larger water cooling reservior and just have a line take it out of there. Fill it up once a month then. *nods*

JT

Yay!!! Thanks Drewpy!

I've been an Intel fan boy for all of time. But, I will switch to AMD just to avoid the incredible expense and pains of BTX.

Uuugh.... So now intel and amd users are gonna be seperated even farther?? Soon you can either be an Intel user or AMD unless you buy multi factor ATX/BTX cases. And to change youll need an entirely new system? I just upgraded my familys cases to Chieftec Matrix cases because the older ones wernt getting enough airflow and were overheating. Looks like they are gonna be stuck with AMD for awhile.

While I have no problem with AMD (love em in fact) many others are going to and its gonna just split up the "Who is better" argument even farther. "Intel is better because it has the new BTX standard which is better for cooling." "No AMD is backwards compatibile with current cases so IT is in fact better. Thats ok tho since Intels preshots run hotter anyway" *rolls eyes*

Oh well.

JT

A motherboard R&D engineer at Elitegroup, looked baffled as we asked him about what plans they had to implement the design, which amongst other thing is aimed at increasing the air flow over the internal chippery of a PC system, including a gas-guzzling Prescott.

"Ah BTX," he grinned finally, "No we are not interested in BTX.

"How does Intel feel about this," we inquired.

"No, it not make Intel so happy," he replied. "But we don't care"
24.gif

Was there ever a real reason to have the board flipped (so the case opens on the right rather than the left)?

I hate BTX as much as the next guy but I still want to know if there was a design reason for this, maybe how the NB pins are the traces are much shorter to have it this way, or they just did it to force everyone with ATX cases to buy BTX...

jamesavery22 said:
Was there ever a real reason to have the board flipped (so the case opens on the right rather than the left)?

I hate BTX as much as the next guy but I still want to know if there was a design reason for this, maybe how the NB pins are the traces are much shorter to have it this way, or they just did it to force everyone with ATX cases to buy BTX...

I just got the Stacker case and all ya do to change to BTX is rearrange everything on the opposite side. Rather stupid in my opinion. Even if the MB pins are different I dont see why its such a big deal. I beleive its a way to force people to seperate themselves farther from AMD personally. Just get a ATX/BTX case and youll be set either way :)

JT

Back