• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Editing CAS latencies in the BIOS of 9600XT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

L337 M33P

In an attempt to get my 9600XT memory overclock higher (before going to a voltmod) I am looking at altering the CAS timings on the memory.

The mem is K4D263238E-GC2A, aka Samsung 2.86ns RAM. I stuck massive sinks on them and so far my overclock is a spectacular 348MHz, a whole 7% more than the default 325.

I am attempting to use Radedit 1.1D to tweak the CAS latency. When I dump the BIOS and open it for editing I am told that it's CAS2 and the rest seems ok. I change it to CAS3, save and exit then boot into DOS and test it with RAMBIOS - b00m, no screen. This is odd as the minimum settable CAS latency according to the product datasheet is CAS 3, with options for CAS 4 and 5.

Any ideas on what to do to change the latency? I have compared the files and a few values change, but surely only one needs to change for CAS?

Back