• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eisbaer Extreme vs Arctic Liquid Freezer II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Asryan

Registered
I Was actually considering changing my h150i which does not perform that well for what I can see

I have a 9900k, 1.26vcore, 5ghz all cores

I'm currently hesitating between

Eisbaer Extreme and Arctic Liquid Freezer II

Would one of those be an upgrade somehow?

Thanks

As I said in the other thread where you also asked this question.......

....you may want to hold off going down this route until you know the AIO is actually a problem. Offhand I don't know which is better. You can easily look up some reviews though and see. :)

Your likely looking at a side grade with either give or take a few degrees. What kind of case flow do you have? You may just need to increase your case flow with some higher cfm fans or if available increase the rpms of your current fans.

Your likely looking at a side grade with either give or take a few degrees. What kind of case flow do you have? You may just need to increase your case flow with some higher cfm fans or if available increase the rpms of your current fans.
I have a h500m

I've ordered a liquid freezer 2 360 I supposed it was better to take the bigger one?

The problem, Asryan, isn't so much capacity, but the CPU itself getting the heat out. A new, larger unit won't make a huge differnce.

You keep reacting on emotion rather than facts... and its costing you money for little to no returns.

Well i bought it on Amazon, if I don't see improvements i can always send it back :)

I will !

Have i done well to take thr 360 over the 280?

I know but worst case i'll send it back it's not an issue at all bur 360 is better right?

It's essentially the same performance rad area vs rad. The only difference would be the fans tbh. You would have to compare the 140/120 specs to see if there's any improvement one vs the other.

I have the Liquid Freezer II 280, which I upgraded last month over Corsair H105 (4 years old 240mm rad). The pump is much quieter and the VRM fan is nice, but at the end of the day, the temps didn't drop by a significant number.
Regardless of cooling, AVX tests just overload the hell out of the CPU (90c-100c), and with my motherboard I guess the voltage is not so stable because I get temperature spikes over some cores.
It's very easy to know if you're limited by the cooler or not, if you stress test and the temps spike within minutes, then having higher heat capacitance won't help.
I liquid cool my both my CPU and my GPU with seperate CLCs. My 1080ti has much higher TDP than my 8700k, yet with 140mm rad it rarely goes over 50c, whereas the 8700k has 280mm rad and can go into 80c-90c when stressed. The explanation to this is that heat transfers much more efficiently on the GPU since the die is cooled directly. The air that emerges out of the GPU rad is significantly hotter than the CPU rad.

FYI: the core to core delta is due to the crummy TIM used between the die and the IHS in those CPUs. You can replace it with liquid metal for better performance. That said your board doesn't appear to be doing you any favors either.

FYI: the core to core delta is due to the crummy TIM used between the die and the IHS in those CPUs. You can replace it with liquid metal for better performance. That said your board doesn't appear to be doing you any favors either.
Yes sir, delidding is the way to improve thermals on those chips, much bigger effect than changing the cooler. As you also stated though, I don't really think I could push anything above 5GHz stable on this board, and delidding for 100MHz is meh.
OP has a much better board than me though. He might have more to gain. Although 9900k is soldered if I remember correctly?

Back