• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Electrical problems.... Need a Voltage Regulator.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blammo300

Registered
I have been noticing some power issues in my room. The lights will dim and undim at random times during the day. I am a little worried about my computer running on this electrical system. I hear static in the background of my speakers also which I hear can be caused by electrical problems. So I stumbled upon this Voltage regulator on newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16842107125

I do not need the battery backup of a UPS, I just want to regulate my voltage so it does not cause anymore issues. Will this regulator work well or do I have to spend more money? Any recommendations?

The quality of a power conditioner depends on the size of the transformer and capacitors in it. These are heavy items, so the quality is directy related to wieght.
This item weighs in at 1.6Kgm (3.5lbs), so I'd say its not bad for $22. Much better than a power strip, but not as good as a UPS.

looks good

Hey... Being an Electrician I can tell you this well help a lot. A UPS on the other hand would be Perfect. However for the price go for this. Also your problem sounds as if they might be caused by your well pump. If not maybe a vacuum or something else with a large motor.

Back