• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

enough is enough-this means you

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thank you!!!

delete them all!!! they need to learn,

now at that same time i still see a good amount of topics not moved from the main area into their respectable sub sections :( - your not allowed to havea life!!!! you must be here 24/7 mods!

larva said:
I have repeatedly asked people to post in the correct forum. This is in fact one of the conditions you agreed to in order to register here. I have gently suggested that people follow this rule, even in the cpu section, for months on end. I am tired of this.

From now on, any Intel or AMD-specific question posted here by a member with more than one star gets deleted on sight. Don't want yours deleted? Put it in the correct catagory. I will, for the time being at least, move incorrectly placed posts by new members to the correct forums, but I will not be leaving redirects for them.

And before someone starts saying they can't tell which forum their post goes in, I don't want to hear it. This problem is not that people are unable to divine this most difficult of distinctions, but that they simply do not bother. Time to bother. Rocket science it isn't.

Should you be one of the users that bothers to post in the correct category, I appreciate it. Obviously these comments do not apply to you.

Its about time. Thats what I wanted to hear. You are going to be a busy man. Maybe bind a key to delete. I sih you luck, and thank you for not putting up with this junk anymore.

I just posted in 6 different threads pointing them to read this thread and the sticky from Larva. True most were from newbies but one was from a 3 star. I think I will do that at least once a day for awhile. Hopefully that will get peoples attention.

Bump....Larva is exactly right. Mods do a great job and work extremely hard to keep this place running. I hate to see people post in the wrong place because they are lazy or whatever the reason is...just post in the right place. Its not that difficult. Thanks, lets all try and make the live's of the mods easier, they do so much for us, lets help them out a bit.

Matt

bump

I dont like seeing threads in the wrong place ... Imagine If I was a mod ... Id be banning left and right:D

What if you had a situation that the culprit could have been the Intel cpu or the Asus MB? That kinda touches on 2 different areas. Decisions decisions.

galador said:
What if you had a situation that the culprit could have been the Intel cpu or the Asus MB? That kinda touches on 2 different areas. Decisions decisions.

If it could go either way, then its a judgement call on your part. Wherever you think it belongs. That type of issue is not what we are talking about in this thread. This thread speaks of blatant mistakes like posting a thread about a Barton 2500+ in Gen CPU's rather than in AMD. Thats what we mean. Thanks for asking, though.

Matt

if I start a thread in amd cpus and the subject changes because others see that I have a heat problem it would be nice to be able to move that thread to cooling,where the cooling gurus are prowling,just waiting to help out...how could I do this(move a thread I started)? it has happened to me several times.... thanks dad...eerrrr I mean larva ... lol

Well I do like the idea of having all the different categories as such is the case already. However, there are times where the topic changes within the post itself. Something that shouldnt happen, but it does.

I think that everyone should already know there is a difference between a general cpu question, and a brand specific question. and for someone not to put it in the right forums should have that post/topic deleted. I am for the deletion of non new members' posts that are in the wrong places.

Right on larva!

Thank you Mr. Larva, it's about time a mod got involved and set these lazy *******s straight. At times I wonder how some of these people get so many stars when they have the knowledge and behavior of a no star.

I don't think there is a problem if the topic changes in the lifespan of a thread. Threads will usually flip flop back and forth between the original discussion and an off shoot anyways. The main problem is with the original poster posting something that should be in a different section to begin with. Thats what needs to stop.

dead_man311 said:
just PM a mod and tell them about it and they should be glad to move it for you

See the thing is that mods don't have time for these petty issues. It is ridiculous that people can't figure this out for themselves. The mods have enough work, they keep this place running perfectly, they don't get paid, so give the guys a break, post in the right place.

Matt

Back