• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enzotech MOS-C1 in Canada? Or alternative heatsink

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hicksimus

Does anybody know of a Canadian retailer who has the small MOS-C1 heatsinks in stock in Canada?

Or just a set of equally small heat sinks that come with adhesive(to keep it simple).

Unnecessary explanation of why I'm looking:

I landed an MSI GTX560ti TWinfrozr II OC card at a price I couldn't refuse. Apparently it is a later version with a VRM heatsink so I was curious as to how warm the VRM was and wasn't so happy when the backside of the VRM section of the card burnt my fingertip, it even makes my GTX480 VRM look cool. It's several hours later and painful to type still.

I took it apart with the intention of adding my own solution and found 2 annoying things. The first being that MSI's cheap heat sink touches roughly 1/2 of the MOSFETs, but the spacer on the bracket side is too tall so it doesn't touch the ones on that side(considered a slight bend, the heat sink is fairly thick and seems likely to snap first). The second annoying thing is that I'm still using the factory VRM heatsink because other components in the mosfet area are between the MOSFETs and are taller than the MOSFETs. I guess 3 annoying things, the GPU heat sink base is as rough as a fine file I could clean up my finger nails with it, I'm not a fan.

As I have never ordered adhesive thermal pad before I figure the simple solution is a set of small heat sinks as opposed to buying the wrong type of thermal pad or the wrong thickness etc.

Back