• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Epic 5000$ PC Build Log

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

youngcolieo

Registered
Hello everybody, and thanks for looking at my thread. I am wondering if my pump has enough power for my my entire loop, as it is a very big loop. I have 3 radiators, two titan x's and one cpu block. The radiators are one 480 mm rad, one 360mm rad and one 240mm rad. All of these are xt45. I am estimating the use of 10 feet of tubing too. Thanks for the help, and I appreciate your efforts of answering as soon as possible.

Here is the pump: xspc D5 Photon 270 Pump/Reservoir combo. (1200 LPH)

Thanks,
Ilyas

Last edited:
You should be ok with that D5. Make sure its a vario with speed control.

I don't see any specs for this unit for "head" or "water column". 1200 lph is fast but we have no idea of how much pressure the pump can handle. My gut tells me you need more power to get through that many radiators and blocks.

It is a D5 Vario...

http://www.performance-pcs.com/d5-photon-270-reservoir-pump-combo.html#Specifications

I also believe he is OK, specifically if it is run on 4+ (of 5) or full bore. I am curious of the temps he is getting as well...fan/airflow setup, etc.

Not sure the temps i am getting, i am actually building it now, i will say as soon as I am done, as you guys think its gonna be ok. If you guys want I can show pictures of the finished build log.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure the temps i am getting, i am actually building it now, i will say as soon as I am done, as you guys think its gonna be ok. If you guys want I can show pictures of the finished build log.

Ok i will as soon as its done, just need to make sure that there is enough pump power

I love it when people buy parts and THEN ask if it will be ok....... :(

Definitely create a build log thread in the appropriate section! We would love to see it!

Lol, i should have asked more people, but I had asked people before i bought it so to be safer maybe you guys think I should remove the 240mm rad?

You are in the water cooling section though... we have a build log section where these are supposed to go!!!!!!!!!!!

I will move the thread eventually.... ;)

Back