• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Epox 8rda. Anything i should know ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xMephistoNx

Registered
Hey everyone, i just ordered this board to go with my new 1800 Tbred.

The chip seems like a decent one, as it runs at 2gigs no prob in my current setup at defualt voltage, but the PCI bus is waaaaay to high (42 i think) so i needed a new board.

I've never owed an Epox before, i've always bought ASUS and GIGABYTE, but after a bad experience with ASUS and since gigabyte don't have an Nforce2 board out this seemed like the only choice.

Anything i should know about this board, any quirks ?? Is the chipset cooling on it adequete to run at high speeds, and how many USB ports does it come with. (There all USB 2.0 also i assume ??)

I would recommend either upgrading chipset coolers or putting a fan on the board's passive NB heatsink. I believe two of the USB ports are v1.1 and the others are 2.0. If you are using WinXP you'll need to have SP1 installed before you can install the 2.0 USB ports.

For best OC results on 8RDA/+

Active Coolings on North Bridge and MOSFETs.
Do the VDD Mod to up the VDD to 1.80v
Set CPU Interface to Optimal
Disable AGP Fastwrite
Install Full-length AGP Care with ULTRA CARE and dimm clips closed.

Back