• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ergonomi eyboards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I use a microsoft Natural 4000 keyboard. I swear by these things. I have one at work and one at home. They are contagious, my roommates also now have one :).

What I like most is they fit just over my laptop base on my 17" dell, so it's super convenient and comfy.

Love it sooo much.

I also have the 4000. I thin it may have been you that oninved me to buy one, I lie it so far but the eys are pretty firm, and Im still getting used to the placement of them.

haha, I just got mine in the mail today. Wow. Still trying to get used to it,.
You guys ever used one/do now?
I've used a microsoft branded one before. It had the hump in the middle. I hated it. It was nice to type with...but it absolutely was a nightmare when it came to gaming. I promptly returned it.

I use a ergonomic keyboard, but because school uses normal keyboard it took me longer to adjust, it gets easy soon enough.

I have a natural... Its great for typing... buts its wired so it mainly sits in the closet. (My main keyboard goes to the couch alot so wireless is a must)

I use a microsoft Natural 4000 keyboard. I swear by these things. I have one at work and one at home. They are contagious, my roommates also now have one :).

What I like most is they fit just over my laptop base on my 17" dell, so it's super convenient and comfy.

Love it sooo much.

Once you get a 4000, there is no turning back. :cool: Everything else feels awkward to type on afterwards.

It wouldn't surprise me if its bad for gaming, but I picked it up mostly for large amounts of coding, which its great for.

My dad got one of the early ergonomic keyboards over ten years ago, so I got used to them at an early age. Consequently, curved keyboards are a must for me and my hands feel strained using anything else. Since I got the 4000, pretty much everything else feels vastly uncomfortable in comparison. It took me about two or three days to get used to. I have a comfort curve 2000 as well, and somewhat dislike it mainly because the keys do not have enough travel to satisfy me.

For typing, yes I love ergonomic keyboards.

But I play WoW and have almost every key around ESDF (I use ESDF for movement since I do not have to shift my hands back to the home row to type) bound to something and then they become a pain.

I was wondering what was going on with the title of this thread ;)

Also, this is in the wrong section. Allow me to move it for you.

I've been using an ergonomic keyboard of some kind for the last 8 years or so. It makes typing so much easier in the long run, and is less stressful on your delicate carpal tunnels. I can type for a long time on this keyboard (MS Natural Multimedia) without ever feeling the effects of fatigue in my wrists and arms and no pain in my palms of fingers, whereas with a regular keyboard I can't type for five minutes without it feeling like the tendons in my arms are going to spring out of place and tear through the fleshy bits of my forearms.

I actually requested that my boss purchase me an ergonomic keyboard for work, as I find standard keyboards uncomfortable to type with. He said he'd get me one.

Even my dad is now using an ergonomic keyboard, which is good 'cause his hands and arms have been absolutely destroyed from years of repetitive motion (he used to do autobody work). There are some mornings when I wake up and have to soak my right hand under warm water before it'll loosen up enough to open. The pain can be excruciating.

It may be hard to type with now, but keep it up. It'll be better for you in the long run.

Another happy MS Natural owner here. Been using MS branded ergo keyboards since '03 and have no plans to turn back.

When it comes to preference, input devices are by far and away the most subjective items connected to a computer, but you never know until you try.

I struggled to use a natural keyboard around 10 years ago and after about 10 minutes, experienced the "tendons in my arms are going to spring out of place and tear through the fleshy bits of my forearms" syndrome. My Logitech 3100 and 3200 keyboards, on the other hand, allow me to crazily code 16+ hours a day with no ill effects.

Different (key)strokes for different folks...

Been using the micro ergo 4000 from around since it came out. Before that was a logitech ergo...and before that the first microsoft ergo. I have no problem gaming with them. If you have to hit something on the right side, your moving your hand anyway, another inch isn't a big deal.

Something that I now love as well is having the keyboard slanted down as opposed to up, much better!

Yet another proud owner of the natural 4000, before i had this I has a ms natural elite and the 4k is a definite step up with the way that the curve of the keyboard has been tweaked.

One thing that I like about my ergonomic keyboard is that I think it was much eaiser to learn to touch type on, mostly because you cant have the wrong hands typing key on the other hands side of the keyboard.

Back