• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Error loading operating system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Storm559

Hi

yesterday I was on skype while starting elder scrolls online a clicked a FB link with a video posted by a friend. At this moment I could still hear skype but my screen went black and my screen was loosing connection(it was blinking on and off still writing the connection type eg. DVI on the screen). After that the PC crashed and restarted. That's where I got BSOD and hat to restart. Since my CPU and RAM were OC after a few restarts I figured out it was the RAM OC that was causing the BSOD. This is since then fixed as I clocked back the RAM however now I get the message on boot "Error loading operating system". The OS is installed on 2 SSDs in raid. Thru Win7 DVD I can get to recovery mode(worked at first without but after restart it just went straight to the DVD recovery) and started the image restore both from yesterday as the freshest restore point as from last week. The images are ofc on another 1.5TB disk. The recovery went smooth both times yet the error still persist. I browsed the net and found some solutions I could try but I wanted to ask if anyone has some experience with this and can provide a solution. I should also mention when I start the recovery it is possible to access the dist when you press load drivers and I can see all the files and copy them as at this point I also believe one of the disks can be damaged. It's still in warranty so I can just copy the stuff over and replace one or both the drives however since I can use recovery and it went smoothly I don't think its damaged. So any ideas how to fix this? Also safe mod wont start as well.

Thx for any ideas

Yeah was the next thing on my list to try and repair MBR... but if that doesn't work and short of reinstalling whole win any other ideas? :)

If a fixmbr or automated repair won't fix it, you'll need a reinstall.

Also, which RAID are you using?

I'm using RAID0. Well the MBR repair didn't help so i had to reinstall the system. I had to flash the BIOS thou since the first installment crash at the end :D. Now all ok.

Back