• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ever tried a leaf blower?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chocobo

I was wondering if anyone tried a leaf blower to cool everything inside the case LOL. If not i think someone should do it. it be sweet

But I think the fan power creates a magnetic field which would very easily hurt your comptuer components such as your hard drive and would definetly make your monitor shake like you are constantly degaussing.

Not only that, if you're talking about the gas-powered leaf blowers, the pressure would be too much on the hardware. It won't necessarily break any components in half, but im sure it will damage them somehow.

i have a leaf blower

it may not technically be a leaf blower, but my 92mm and 80mm tornados sure sound like a leaf blower

Compressed air wouldn't be a bad way to cool your cpu, except you'd have to get one of those special inline filters to catch oil and water that's expelled. Plus it would be loud as hell.

Or you could just take your rig to the dark side of the moon :D

The air blown out of a leaf blower (petrol powered) is actually quite hot. I guess the temperature of it would be completely dependent on the design, but the type I used for a while sucked its air through the motor, which was understandably quite toasty.

Back