• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Everything in the way of my pipes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jriker1

I'm looking to build a 2U server and water cool it. Please no warnings I shouldn't be water cooling a 2U enclosure. This will be a threadripper system with a RTX 5000 GPU and either the Asus TRX40-XE or TRX40-pro S motherboards. I liked the Alphacool Eisblock XPX Pro 1U cooler as it had side connections that I could run my piping into without any height or having to make dramatic bends to keep it within the 2U if coming in from the top. But like anything, the back side of the CPU has something there the backplane, the left and right sides have the memory. The front was open so said I'll use the inlet and outlet ports as show below.

View attachment 212855

But hey, look the PCIE 4.0 slot is right there and the RTX 5000 card will be there. Thoughts? I am going to be using a ribbon cable or riser card to horizontal mount this so maybe this won't be an issue but the riser will be if I get a PCIE 4.0 one and put it in the first slot which I think normally it has to in order to fit on the back of the case. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I want to see more pics. And once you've posted those... more pics. And then more... I can't be satiated. I am looking forward to seeing this. :welcome: and post more pics. Oh wait, I siad that already. Well just post more pics... dang it. I said that several times. ;)

Back