• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Everything is stable but prime95? A64

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yzzuf

Well guys ALL i use my machine for is gaming. SO take that into consideration. I have an epox 8kda3+ mobo and a 3200+ clawhammer 1mg cache. Currently have it at 2405mhz, 9 * 267, 1:1 mem timings of 3 3 3 8. Super pi i get 35 secs, sandra mem bandwidth is 4200 - 4200. I can run memtest all night and no errors and i can loop 3d mark all night without a hitch, but the thing is is that i fail prime95 horrible fast, like within 10 mins. Now this happens even if i back my cpu down to even 2200 mhz. I have never crashed or had any errors for over a week except in prime95. My vcore is at max of ~ 1.75 and load temps are ~ 45c watercooled. Now since i dont do anything but game and that is stable as a rock should i be happy and not care about prime stablility?

Just keep doing whatever you're doing and ignore prime. If it ever reboots, you'll know why ;)

A lot of members, including me, have dismissed prime as a test of stability. It's just not consistant.

Also, check what version of prime you have.... There is a version out there that has problems erroring out if you have 1 gig of mem installed(you didnt specify, but I thought I'd let you know anyway)

jlin453 said:
Just keep doing whatever you're doing and ignore prime. If it ever reboots, you'll know why ;)

A lot of members, including me, have dismissed prime as a test of stability. It's just not consistant.

I'm beginning to follow your way of thinking.

Prime can run for 14 hours straight errorless then once randomly on an underclocked attempt give an error after 2-3 hours.

Very strange sometimes.

My current favorite stability test involves shooting zombies with a shotgun in doom 3. ;)

yo4444 said:
Also, check what version of prime you have.... There is a version out there that has problems erroring out if you have 1 gig of mem installed(you didnt specify, but I thought I'd let you know anyway)

i do have 1 gig ocz ram running at 267 mhz 3 3 3 8 1t:)

yzzuf said:
i do have 1 gig ocz ram running at 267 mhz 3 3 3 8 1t:)
Well then... try getting the newes ver of prime you can find... I found this on the Corsair website, there was a thread from someone having stability probs forever, he rma'd his ram...turned out it was the version of prime he had was bugged with 1 gig ram...
worth a try anyway....

yo4444 said:
Well then... try getting the newes ver of prime you can find... I found this on the Corsair website, there was a thread from someone having stability probs forever, he rma'd his ram...turned out it was the version of prime he had was bugged with 1 gig ram...
worth a try anyway....

thanks ill give it a try when i get home from work.

yzzuf said:
ive ran that all night with no errors already bud.

My error, I'm completely blind and missed when you wrote that.

If you passed memtest fine, the only thing that could give you errors really... would be your processor speed - solved only by lowering multi's or raising vcore.

Unless of course it's one of these strange random errors.

I usually only stick to the high temperature, most stress test..

I believe it's the HIGH FTT (sp?) test?

It's the middle one ;)

It's the most intense.

Docta_Z said:
My error, I'm completely blind and missed when you wrote that.

If you passed memtest fine, the only thing that could give you errors really... would be your processor speed - solved only by lowering multi's or raising vcore.

Unless of course it's one of these strange random errors.

I usually only stick to the high temperature, most stress test..

I believe it's the HIGH FTT (sp?) test?

It's the middle one ;)

It's the most intense.

screw it if i can play doom3 for 5+ hours and pass everything else and have no crashes or errors in anything else than to me its stable:) How often will i run prime95 anyways::)

True docta, but you cant rule out the funky version of prime...could change cpu values all day and still error out...

Both your statements are true.

And I agree, sometimes regardless if prime95 finds an error after 12 hours, how many of us are going to game for 12 hours straight without restarting.

It all depends on what you're requirements are. If you run the games and applications you want without crashing and no problems, then power to you and your system. :D

humm maybe i have more luck w/ prime than u guys, but humm, if i have an error w/ in say 3-4 hours, then i absolutly cant game for more than 45min-1.5hours.....

Back