• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Everything needed to update radeon bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

I need what the title says, but I cant seem to find them. I want a link to everything. I searched, and watched for 2 weeks. Will need bios sites for 9100 128mb and 8500F 64mb as well. Can anyone help?

thats all I needed, except the bios....I have a saphire 9100 at 250/200 and the core wont go a hair above 300. Ram w/o sinks is about 230 max. Gets HOT.

What do I do if the serial rom is locked? Otherwise im ready to flash.

Last edited:
can ur overclocking utility slider go farther than 300? If you have a sapphire, then you don't need to flash anything because Sapphires, i believe, come unlocked so you can overclock as high as you want...If your o/c can go higher than 300, then it's ur computer settings...first, try to put the mem core down to like 310, my radeon 9500np cant go past 310mhz from a 275mhz stock....also, try these in the bios or somewhere:
disable fastwrite
agp frequency: 66mhz
4x= agp speed
all the video bios and system bios stuff: disable
agp aperature: 64mb

try those stuff, btw, wat kinda drivers u using?

I am using radclocker, I love it. Currently it runs 299.75mhz perfectly, but at 300.25mhz it has heavy artifacts and hardlocks after 3 sec. I can set the maximum shown OC in this program. Also, I am running 66mhz(duh)agp, in 4x with 32mb aperature. My problem is, when I try to flash the bios, I get "warning: serial rom locked" and it wont let me flash.

i think there's a flag to force it. it should tell you what the force flag is. use that and it will stuff it on there anyway. that's what i had to do with my card. it's a sapphire.

I managed to find a workaround, but now whenever I try to open the bios files to load it on I get a read error. I tried putting them on another floppy to no avail. This is a real pain.

Try the gigabyte flash program, it worked better for me than any of the other programs about i'll try find you a link. :)

EDIT: And dont forget to save your current bios file, if it all goes belly up it can get a little tricky finding an exact match as the one you had.

Flashrom is another option. In fact, I had to use Flashrom on the 9800np because ATIflash would not work.

Back