• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

evga 7600 GT stock cooling, just a quick question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spawne32

Im not gona be overclocking this card...yet, so i decided to leave the stock cooler for now, but i bought some thermaltake copper ramsinks, and much to my dismay, it looks to be that i can only fit 2 ramsinks on the card because the stock heatsink covers the other two as you can see here...
14-130-062-03.JPG

Now my question to you is, would it be ok to just mount the ramsinks to the top two, would it be pointless, or would it cause a problem later on down the road?:santa2:

its not going to cause a problem... but its not worth wasting the sticky stuff on the ram sinks... leave em you could oc them and they wont get anywhere near hot enough to need a sink

nd4spdbh2 said:
its not going to cause a problem... but its not worth wasting the sticky stuff on the ram sinks... leave em you could oc them and they wont get anywhere near hot enough to need a sink

how about for the sheer pretty factor :)

lol I have the same card and I haven't slapped any sinks on it because how that cooler overlaps the ram. Don't think I will put them on anytime soon either.

Back