• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

eVGA 8800GTS vs BFG 8800GTS OC...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aznsound

hi, i bought the eVGA 8800GTS, the non KO edition... i then went to Fry's and saw the BFG 8800GTS OC for $5... i was wondering which of these cards will be better...? i can still return the eVGA if the BFG OC is indeed better...

i just want to add that i'm referring to the 512mb versions of both cards... i'm not specifically asking which one is better in terms of just clock speed, since both cards are within 5mhz of each other for GPU, memory, and shader... i want to know which is a better company in terms of reliability and warranty...

Both card are exactly the same in design, the one is just OC'd a bit higher than the other, hence the OC after the BFG 8800GTS. They will both be capable of the same OC unless the one has Samsung VRAM and the other Qimonda, the latter being a bit inferior, you can only tell that if you remove the stock HSF, which in BFG;s case will void the warranty

Other than that off course the companies' customer services, warranty etc differ, both are excellent companies , EVGA's warranty covers modding (except hard modding). EVGA has the step up plan and lately BFG also has it. So it is pretty much an even keel.

BFG stepup is only valid on cards 'released' after a certain date though. I think it's everything since the 9600GT, so right now the only cards elligible are 9-series..

BFG stepup is only valid on cards 'released' after a certain date though. I think it's everything since the 9600GT, so right now the only cards elligible are 9-series..

Some people have been successful using a new (bought recently) GTS to step up to GTX, just gotta talk nicely to BFG I believe.

*EDIT* This is their official policy though :
"The BFG Trade Up program applies to all BFG graphics cards released after February 21, 2008. This includes all BFG graphics cards released by the company after this date including all BFG NVIDIA® GeForce 9-series products. While the program is currently only available to U.S. and Canadian customers, BFG will offer the program in other countries as becomes feasible to do so. "

Anyway, would not hurt trying...

Back