• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA GeForce 7800 GT CO SE 256MB $255.69 AMIR $20 @ Monarch

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Don't even waste your money on the bottom one... that's lower clocks and aluminum heatsink.

GET THE TOP ONE... TOP ONE TOP ONE!!!! :)

The CO owns the GTs... the CO is either 460mhz or 470mhz GPU vs the standard 400mhz. Also, the memory is 1100mhz vs the standard 1000mhz. On top of that, you get a copper cooler instead of aluminum. :)

Well worth it in my eyes, considering that you get better blocks, better cooling, and a cheaper price!! :)

svetko said:
yeah, is there a reason for the CO to be cheaper than the bottom one?
That is the question, my friend... that is the question. Who the hell knows. The only thing I see is that maybe the 515 comes with a game that the 516 doesn't? That's just a wild guess.

In any case, the 516 is the better bargain, even if it were $10 more. The higher clocks and copper cooler pwn the 515!

515 = 445/1.07
516 = 460/1.1 (but they seem to be coming as 470/1.1 just like the 517 model, which I have no clue what the 517 is for if it's the same as the 516)

Again, maybe these models also differ with games... I see ppl with 516s that are 470/1.1, and my 517 is also 470/1.1... who knows.

interesting. thanks for the detailed respond, g0dM@n!

I think today is the day for me to get a whole new system :) (starting with the CO card) btw, is there a place on this forum where i can post a "help me buy the right system" question?

Dang ... I might just have to jump on this. Wonder how long that sale will go on. I don't need any included games, so $260 sounds like a darn nice deal to me.

If only I knew whether or not this 6800GT was really dead or just playing possum. *sigh*

DEZMOND said:
We'll have to wait and see...

Think about it, ZZF sold their X850 line cards so cheap before the x1800xt came out, and then the x850 line cards went back up in price.

Many companies want to sell out their stock to make room for the new stuff, but don't think that prices for the 7800GT will go much much lower than it is right now... plus, do you want to wait and wait to see IF it comes out and IF it's really that cheap? Is it worth waiting god knows how long? (inquierer is just rumors, and sometimes things take MUCH longer - let's not forget the r520 and r580 talks from the inquierer LONG ago)

Even if the 7900GT does come out... are you guys willing to spend another $60+ than what this can be had for? :)

If you're not in a rush to buy the card, then wait... otherwise, you're not gonna see a HUGE difference... tops $20-25... is it worth waiting an unreferenced amount of time for that amount of money?

Unless that 7900 hits the streets this week, I'm stuck on a PCI video card (not PCI-E ... just PCI), so anything that's available now is better than something that's not available until "then" (whenever "then" is).

Is the X1900XT the reigning king right now? I only went nvidia because of SLi ... maybe I could ditch this DFI SLI-DR and get their crossfire board. I miss ATi. =(

The X1900XT is king... and will be for some time IIRC. The 7900GTX will be great, but it may not be as good as the X1900XT from what I've heard. Then again, you never know.

In any case, I think it's insane how the X1900XT(X) is WAY cheaper than the GTX 512, considering that the better card should cost more!!

Hmmm ... Crossfire sounds so tempting. I could always just run one X1900XT on my DFI nF4 for now and then switch to a crossfire board later on, couldn't I? Haven't paid much attention to ATI lately.

With me usually within a day... and even when I do ground shipping they ship to me as 2day fedex... dunno how it'll be for you. :)

Always had good experiences with Monarch ... my only gripe is that they send it via FedEx and won't let them deliver it without a signature release in person, so I always end up having to pick up my packages at the FedEx location after I get home from work and find the note (even with my signature on file).

If your sig is on file, then they should definitely leave it... you're signing a waiver that way.

Back