• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA GeForce GTX 280 HC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orthomofo

Registered
I getting there, albeit slowly getting my computer together.

I am going with the GTX 280 and I'm going under water and wanted to know what you all think about this EVGA card

http://www.evga.com/products/morein...ow=specs&family=GeForce GTX 200 Series Family

vs

BFG GTX 280 H2OC
http://www.bfgtech.com/bfgrgtx2801024h2ocwe.aspx

vs

waterblocking another gtx 280 card with DD block piecemeal

also, is there any real palpable difference between the brands of the GTX 280's??

ps internship sucks

just got my case
cooler master cosmos S 1100

wish list
stryker II extreme
Corsair 2GB 1800mhz

Last edited:
Both cards are probably the same reference card. The BFG card looks to have a DD block on it already. As for the Evga, that looks like a Ek waterblock. Both cards more or less should perform about the same, depending on system, and water system. Also after looking at just a plain Evga 280 + buying a DD waterblock and doing it yourself you'll probably end up spending more than if you buy one already done.

Asuslover "Both cards are probably the same reference card. The BFG card looks to have a DD block on it already. As for the Evga, that looks like a Ek waterblock. Both cards more or less should perform about the same, depending on system, and water system. Also after looking at just a plain Evga 280 + buying a DD waterblock and doing it yourself you'll probably end up spending more than if you buy one already done."

yeah that's why i was thinking of going prefab wc gpu and i wont have to worry about any warrantee issues. However, i'm really splitting hairs, one is slightly, slightly oc more and the other has slightly faster ram.

so, i guess it makes sense why i am having a difficult time choosing bt them.

Then, it now becomes basically a choice bt BFG and EVGA. I think I am leaning towards the BFG & Danger Den setup. Is there any palpable difference bt the companies, ie support, warrantee, RMA, longevity, drivers...

Back