• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA GTX 750 Ti vs Intel integrated I9-10900K UHD Graphics 630?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barryng

I have a new build planned based on an Intel I9-10900K. This CPU integrates Intel UHD Graphics 630 so no additional graphics card is needed. I do not run games and the integrated CPU graphics will almost certainly meet all my needs with no compromise (or so I think). However, I also have an unused EVGA GTX 750 Ti graphics card taking up space on a shelf and I would not mind using it if there is any justification at all to do so.

Will this six year old graphics card out perform the integrated graphics in the new I9-10900K? My research indicates (maybe incorrectly) this six year old card will well outperform the Intel graphics in this new CPU but unless I would be running a game requiring lots of graphic horsepower, is there any benefit at all using it? Will using it improve any non-gaming activity such as smoother scrolling, etc.?

The only benefit for what you do by going with the 750Ti would be perhaps for a multiple monitor setup. That and it would free up a little system memory.

Almost any dedicated GPU outperforms an on-board one. Question is, would you need this performance. I think there's no harm in using a 750ti. It's not like if you had an old 770 or 780 with ~250W TDP, that consumes more power, produces heat, and requires PCI-E cabling. 750ti can be powered by only the PCI-E slot.

What are you planning on doing with the 10900k?

Did you consider the Ryzen 3900x & 3950x at all? You are clearly doing something productivity based and they have more cores and tend to beat out the intel CPUs in productivity tasks. Of course some tasks prefer the higher clock speed of the intel chips.

A graphics card can sometimes speed up certain tasks, other times it will sit there doing nothing if it isn’t required so it depends what you are doing to see if it would help you.

Back