• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA just slipped a few notches in my book..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've been buying BFG for a while, but the 8800's by BFG do not support Windows 2000. I plan to make my next card XFX. Double lifetime warranty (real one, not a scam warranty like PNY) and Windows 2000 support. I'd recommend BFG for most people, but not for 2K users.

I'm hoping XFX has quality tech support and customer service like BFG. I guess I'll find out soon.

I do think in general that BFG, XFX, and EVGA make higher quality cards. I think Chaintech and PNY are pretty much bottom of the barrel. MSI and Gigabyte are somewhere in between. My EVGA cards (I have 2, an MX4000 and a 5900) just keep going. They are indestructible. I've never had to use EVGA's CS or warranty because their cards have never given me trouble, which says something about their quality control.

I think the stepup program is pretty useless really. It's only 90 days. In other words, I'm not going to want to upgrade by the time the program expires. I guess it's more of a guarantee that you won't get stuck with something because you buy just before a major rollout, but that's about all it's worth. It doesn't motivate me much. The double lifetime warranty of XFX motivates me a lot more.

how does bfg not have support in windows 2000? I dont think the OS cares whos sticker is on the card do they ? and we all get out drivers from nvidia.com correct?

Could you add to the supposed pny scam warranty at all?

Look on nvidia.com. There are no drivers for the geforce 8's in Win 2K, but XFX makes 2K drivers for their cards. EVGA and BFG do not.

So you just talked to one rep who's not even sure of the answer to your question because of something that is probably completely out of their hands and suddenly evga is a bad company and not worth buying from?

They upgraded me from 320mb GTS to a 512 GT free of charge even though I registered my card after the 3 months period had expired by couple of days. That's enough to gain my loyalty forever ;)

WTF EVGA.. Their website (well, the stepup section) hasn't been responding in 2 days now. Anyone able to get in?

Back