• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED EVGA SLI Motherboard not booting? Can it be wrong ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Raffobaghdo

Registered
I bought a EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR LGA 775 SLI ATX Intel Motherboard for dirt cheap with a Core 2 Duo E6750 from a friend yesterday. When I went over to his house we tested the board with 2X2GB=4GB PC5300 DDR2 Ram Sticks and it booted perfectly. Now I brought the motherboard home and he didn't give me ram so I had to use 2x512MB PC4200 DDR2 Sticks off a Dell Dimension and the motherboard did not boot up. I'm just wondering, are the PC4200 Ram Sticks compatible with the motherboard? If not what can you guys recommend?

Link to motherboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188009

PS: Sorry if I'm in the wrong section

i would look on the manufacturers website for a Qualified vendors list for acceptable ram
if it worked on your friends ram i would guess your ram is in compatible.

i would look on the manufacturers website for a Qualified vendors list for acceptable ram
if it worked on your friends ram i would guess your ram is in compatible.

I checked the online manual and my ram sticks were right. Turned out to be my video card. I checked the Diagnostic POST that's built in to the motherboard and it showed an error code 7F. So I guess it wasn't the ram issue :) lol.

Back